sub amp advice?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TadCat

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum. I just signed up and wanted to get some peoples' input on a few amps. I am looking to buy a new amp to power my JBL w15gti mkii (800 watts rms, 5k max.) I already know I'm going to get a Zapco z-150.2 for the components, but since I'll be replacing a 5 channel amp (right now I have a jl mhd 900/5) I'll need to replce the sub amp, I wouldn't mind it being a little louder, but I'm really worried more about sq, so which of these amps would be better for SQ? Durability? Value? Any other suggestions would be great too, thanks.

Zapco z-2KD

Sundown audio saz-1200D

Jl audio 600/1v3

Jbl gto14001

P.s. - I know the Zapco amp would probably be the best by far, but if I can avoid spending $900 that would be great.

I'm trying to keep this whole upgrade's cost under 400 dollars, I'm assuming the amp I have now will sell for at least 700 dollars, and I'll be getting the front amp for about 400, which leaves me looking at 700 dollars for the sub amp. I'm willing to spend the extra to get the Zapco if it really is a substantial improvement over the others. Are the others really that bad for SQ? And how do the Zapco I force or the Zapco dc series compare to the z2k? Thanks for the input, by the way

There not bad. But not really in the same class as a sq amp. If you want an sq amp. The arc audio Zeff design amps. Zed helix audison amps. The zapco amps are decent amps. But I hear the quality isn't what it used to be also the ground zero reference amps are pretty sweet FYI Basically there are many options. But your budget may limit you from a few of them

Yeah I know of some of them, audison amps are really just out of my price range, and the class g/h amps from arc can't accept the preamp voltage from my head unit (pioneer deh 80 pts) but I'll look in to the zed and helix amps if you think they can outperform Zapco. I did just find a Zapco dc1100.1 for 400 bucks on amazon, though.

Yea don't buy from a non authorized dealer. Your asking for trouble with these brands if you do. Arcs new xdi line is Zeff designed tho with 90% and over efficiency and at a pretty good price point for them

The newer xdi amps should be fine I'll have the new price sheet on a day or two. The amps shod be available by the end of feb I have access to zapco and helix to

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.