Stinger out with 4 and 5 channel versions of their monoblocks

Interesting. They look pretty nice and affordable. Though Im not sure I like the speaker connections, but Im sure they could be overlooked verses performance.

Too bad the 5 only does 300w @ 4 ohm...I could've moved my 6 channel out of the saturn to the Deltasaurus 😂

Guess it gives me an excuse to buy the delta a new amp🤣🤣🤣

Interesting. They look pretty nice and affordable. Though Im not sure I like the speaker connections, but Im sure they could be overlooked verses performance.
Pros and cons, they are pretty easy actually but require a bit of patience for sure. Used to hate spades/rings but that is because I'm lazy (solder/heat shrink). These are pretty small, maybe 16 gauge max.

5 CH specs from Stinger site.

Model Number MT-1000.5
Channels 5/4/3
Continuous Power (RMS)
(<1% THD @ 14.4V) 150W x 4 + 500W x 1 @ 2Ω
75W x 4 + 300W x 1 @ 4Ω
300W x 2 @ 4Ω
700W x 1 @ 1Ω - CH5
S/N Ratio @CEA Standard -90dB
Input Sensitivity 0.5v-11v
Gain 0.5v-11v
Frequency Response 10Hz - 180KHz
Bass-Boost Frequency Range CH5: 10Hz-180Hz
CH1-4:10Hz-20KHz
Bass-Boost Q 0-12db
Efficiency (Average) 80%
Topology Class Class D
Crossover xover Multiplier X1: 50Hz-500Hz
X10: 500Hz-5KHz
40Hz-180Hz - CH5
Remote Level Control Included
Operating Voltage 9V to 16V
Power Terminal 4 Gauge
Speaker Terminal CH1-CH4:12AWG
CH5:8 Guage
Recommended External Fusing 150A
Dimensions 13.23in/336mm L
2.09in/53mm W
6.10in/155mm H

You need an excuse?
Sorta 😂

I kinda wanted to move my symphony s6 to the delta and grab a 5 channel for the saturn (I'm leaving the components, rear coaxials in it) and I need 600ish watts @ 4 ohm to run the dayton 10" that's a front sub now as a main sub. The s6 does 700w the 5&6 bridged.

On the upside if I grab an 8 channel (most likely that trinity audio 8 channel) for the delta instead...I'd "only" need 3 amps for that build 🤣

Sorta 😂

I kinda wanted to move my symphony s6 to the delta and grab a 5 channel for the saturn (I'm leaving the components, rear coaxials in it) and I need 600ish watts @ 4 ohm to run the dayton 10" that's a front sub now as a main sub. The s6 does 700w the 5&6 bridged.

On the upside if I grab an 8 channel (most likely that trinity audio 8 channel) for the delta instead...I'd "only" need 3 amps for that build 🤣
This guy offered me $332.45 on ebay for a BNIB Trinity Audio 8 channel. He's only got 19, better hurry!

There is your excuse! :D

This guy offered me $332.45 on ebay for a BNIB Trinity Audio 8 channel. He's only got 19, better hurry!

There is your excuse! :D
I'm gonna grab one off Amazon when the time comes...just in case there's an issue 😂

At this point I'm waiting to get the delta up to the shop to get an idea what can go where before I grab too much gear for it

It's a good thing they do good work without overcharging...this thing is gonna be beyond my stone age abilities 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I'm gonna grab one off Amazon when the time comes...just in case there's an issue 😂

At this point I'm waiting to get the delta up to the shop to get an idea what can go where before I grab too much gear for it

It's a good thing they do good work without overcharging...this thing is gonna be beyond my stone age abilities 🤣🤣🤣
You can always go Old School and find a decent 4 ch and go Mix/Mono in the Saturn?

Last edited:
You can always go Old School and find a decent 4 ch and go Mix/Mono in the Saturn?
I could on the cheap since I got a couple 4 channels kicking around 😂 but then I'd need 4 amps in the delta. No matter how do it I'll need 10-11 channels (depending on if i can shoehorn a dd VO-M10 under each seat or just one under/in the glovebox) all together in that big sob 🤣

I'll be doing 3way upfront, 6x9's on the rear deck that's an 8 channel right there 🤣 plus an a 3k mono for the subs and either a small mono or 2 channel for dd VO-M10...even though I got a huge trunk 3 amps, a pair of 15's, a minidsp 8x12, rear battery is gonna eat some space 😢

Last edited:
I seriously considered going with a 3-way rear fill, just so I had a reason to get that 8 channel trinity amp! I finally came to my senses!

I seriously considered going with a 3-way rear fill, just so I had a reason to get that 8 channel trinity amp! I finally came to my senses!
That'd be cool as hell to look at but it might make ya bald trying to eq it all 😂

I'm just gonna do coaxials on the rear deck in small boxes 😳

Worst case scenario is that trinity is a turd and I buy 2 more symphony s6's 🤣

Last edited:
That'd be cool as hell to look at but it might make ya bald trying to eq it all 😂

I'm just gonna do coaxials on the rear deck in small boxes 😳

Worst case scenario is that trinity is a turd and I buy 2 more symphony s6's 🤣
It's kind of could all the new multipowered amps coming out. makes staggering active stages a reality. With the use of GaN fets coming along, going to see some ridiculous high power small 12+ channel amplifiers. Hybrid full bridge/half bridge combination, truly all in one amplifiers that also have DSP. Should be interesting to say the least!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...