Retaining warning chimes

Participant count
  • Participant list

maylar
10+ year member

Electrical Weenie
Connecticut
I have a 2010 Cadillac DTS with a POS 8 speaker audio system. I intend to amp the front speakers, which will require disconnecting the factory amp. My question is how can I retain the OEM warning chimes, which sound through the front left speaker?

ALLDATA tells me that the body control module sends a chime request to the factory amp via data link. I could possibly repurpose the dash center speaker for this, as I'm not going to use it.

I'm looking at updating the HU to an Alpine iLX-507 too, if that matters.

Thanks folks

If there is a dedicated output wire and you can identify it, that would allow you to do just that. if is is a signal sent from the factory HU, then is should continue to work wherever that is designated by the HU. Make sure with that year if you can use a standard LOC. I know on the 2008, it is virtually impossible due to some voltage equalization or voltage sensing circuit or something like that to add a aftermarket amp. Axcess makes a DSP unit that works though, the only one I ever found that would work on the 2008 (brothers 2008 CTS caddy)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...