SOLD Stinger HO Alternator - Impala - Question on Pricing

wsu99999
10+ year member

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to help a friend by selling a High Output Alternator he never installed (turned out he didn't need it). He paid a ton of cash for it from a car audio store, but doesn't know what it's worth on the aftermarket.

This is BRAND NEW - Never installed in any car.

It's a Stinger 200A Mo#8234.

Fit's a Chevy Impala 2001.

Update from Stinger Directly:

This model fits the following cars:

Buick Sentry (or Century, not sure) 1999-2001 3.1 V6

Buick Regal 1999-2001 3.8L V6

Chevy Impala - 2000-2001 3.4L or 3.8L (didn't mention anything about a 3.7L)

Chevy Lumina 2000-2001 3.1L

Chevy Monte Carlo 2000-2001 3.4L or 3.8L.

I've heard Stinger is a good brand for this stuff, but honestly don't have a clue. Anyone know where a good place would be to sell this, and what a fair price would be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can take some, although it's just a alternator in mint condition - no grease, scratches, etc (I just don't have a camera on me).

Here are all of the numbers off of it....

Stinger

200 Amps

Model #=8234

S#=621** (blocked for safety)

That's it. It has a place to plug it in that fits a 2001 Impala.

Like I said in the OP, I'm trying to figure out what it would go for, then I'll sell it for probably 15% - 20% less than that.

Why would I say it's brand new if it isnt? It's never been installed in anything, period. My buddy ordered it at the shop, but by the time it got in, they realized he didn't need it. But he already paid for it, and was making a ton of "disposable" cash, so just kept it in case his went out, which never happened.

Why would I say it's brand new if it isnt? It's never been installed in anything, period. My buddy ordered it at the shop, but by the time it got in, they realized he didn't need it. But he already paid for it, and was making a ton of "disposable" cash, so just kept it in case his went out, which never happened.
because ur new and its hard to trust people now days thats all most ppl here will ask u to ship first because of ur post count

I can take some, although it's just a alternator in mint condition - no grease, scratches, etc (I just don't have a camera on me).
Here are all of the numbers off of it....

Stinger

200 Amps

Model #=8234

S#=621** (blocked for safety)

That's it. It has a place to plug it in that fits a 2001 Impala.

Like I said in the OP, I'm trying to figure out what it would go for, then I'll sell it for probably 15% - 20% less than that.

I heard the ones with "(blocked for safety)" in the SN do an extra 25A at idle.................

Sorry for the delay in posting. I've been out for the weekend. I'll have to check what engine he had in his car to verify if it's for the 3.4. I don't know much about Impalas, I'm a Cadillac guy. His car had the largest engine for the year, I know that.

And I don't have a problem shipping first if it's to someone with good feedback on here.

For the engine info, just for you to verify, if your interested, ask Stinger directly if this model no will work w/ your engine. From what I hear, this is a pretty standard alt GM made, Stinger made it better, but it should fit a number of GM cars. If your interested, google the model no, or call them directly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.