Stinger Battery Question

SRim23
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
OH
So, me and my girl go to the drive in sometimes and I'm always paranoid that my battery will die.

My question is, How long will my Stinger SPV 35 run with the car off while running 2 amps, roughly 1400rms. granted its not music so it wont be up extremely loud or anything. usually i get paranoid and disconnect my sub amp so im just running the comps haha.

now they play 2 movies so roughly 3.5- 4 hours worth of movies. if i turn the car on between movies how long should i let it run to recharge it?

thats really hard to say, but when you start the car let it run for at least 5-10 mins starting a car is what really takes a toll on a battery

Wait... when you go to the drive through you turn your car off... O_O
when you go to the drive in, yes they tell you turn your car off. why would you sit there for 4 hours wasting gas? especially in this day in age that would **** haha

so at mcdonalds you turn your car off while waiting thats dumb, it takes more gas to turn it on and off 2 and 3 times than letting it run for 5 mins

so at mcdonalds you turn your car off while waiting thats dumb, it takes more gas to turn it on and off 2 and 3 times than letting it run for 5 mins
you know i stuck up for you a couple times but ur making it hard to not make fun of you haha

read the first post. DRIVE-IN not DRIVE-THRU and why would i be concerned about my battery dying while sitting in the DRIVE THRU for a minute. geeezzzz

drive in, you know where people go park their cars and watch a movie. i know there arent alot of them but people should stillknow what was is.....

Is that why i havent gotten any intelligent answer on how long my battery will last? does everyone think im talking about mcdonalds or something?

Im talking about going to a movie where you sit and watch the movie from your car....... where you gotta have your stereo running so you can hear the movie but your car off as to not burn 4 hours worth of gas. everyone on the same page now?

i understand wat u mean now

but i never went to one of those i thought they bring u speakers to your car with power already or w/e

but for only a 2 hour movie my truck is a f150 and i have left mine running for an hour and only used one gallon of gas so 2 hours only about 8 bucks for my truck, so a car would be much better,plus u can turn it up loud as u want and not worry bout your car batterys going dead

i understand wat u mean now
but i never went to one of those i thought they bring u speakers to your car with power already or w/e

but for only a 2 hour movie my truck is a f150 and i have left mine running for an hour and only used one gallon of gas so 2 hours only about 8 bucks for my truck, so a car would be much better,plus u can turn it up loud as u want and not worry bout your car batterys going dead
they used to, but now they have fm transmitters and you turn your radio to a certain channel and the sound comes through your radio so it sounds better than the crackling speaker haha.

they do have a guy that drives around at the end of the night for cars that do need a charge, but i dont wanna be the duche that has to sit there looking stupid. i was just curious if anyone could give me an estimate on how long the battery would last.

maybe w/e the reserve is on the battery man idk

best thing is just to try it out at the house on your own, but i may be wrong but i dont think its good to kill batteries were they are half dead and wont start the car and then have them jumped and recharged by the alt

Screw wasting gas, I go to the drive in quite often, I run 2 kinetics, a 1400 and a 2400, I would guess if your running a civic like me, you should last a movie for sure depending on the type of movie, if there is a lot of bass, exlosions and stuff, if you get worried keep your eyes on your dash lights that don't turn off, **** hondas. . . If they start to dim start up your car, but do start your car for sure on break time inbetween movies, but if you kill them who cares you still got the guy on the gold cart with a rack of batteries to jump ya, but be careful if you got too much bass they usually kick you out now a days

Screw wasting gas, I go to the drive in quite often, I run 2 kinetics, a 1400 and a 2400, I would guess if your running a civic like me, you should last a movie for sure depending on the type of movie, if there is a lot of bass, exlosions and stuff, if you get worried keep your eyes on your dash lights that don't turn off, **** hondas. . . If they start to dim start up your car, but do start your car for sure on break time inbetween movies, but if you kill them who cares you still got the guy on the gold cart with a rack of batteries to jump ya, but be careful if you got too much bass they usually kick you out now a days
what year civic and what setup you got? got any pics of it?

just start the car up every so often...... you'll be ok.
And why are you trying to watch the movie anyway? you go there to get a BJ, HJ, or ZJ in the car
haha, well when you have a girlfriend of 3.5 yrs and one that is very uptight about doing things in public the BJ's, road head, and what not come few and far between haha. she makes up for it though in the bedroom so its all good.

and whats a ZJ? haha

I don't have any pictures at the moment, cause I do this on my cell phone in the down time when i'm bored. Small visuals on you tube on window flex http://www.youtube.com/shakinghorizonz . Other than that I have an 05 civic running those kinetics I said, 2 memphis 1100 class d amps, strapped. All memphis components front and rear. 2 15 inch memphis mojos, the new 08 series. And later on today, i'm buying the incriminator 40.1 amp off my buddy to power it all right. But do check out the video

**** thats alot of flex for that power. how did u manage to fit that in there? is it a trunk setup or wall/ backseat owning box? pics of setup, i want to run 2 15's but dont think i can fit them properly so im only runnning 1 right now.

**** thats alot of flex for that power. how did u manage to fit that in there? is it a trunk setup or wall/ backseat owning box? pics of setup, i want to run 2 15's but dont think i can fit them properly so im only runnning 1 right now.
I just have a forward facing box tried to do a trunk wall but man, that's a task! So i'm trying to make up the extra spaces to the truck with some stuffing, lol. As for the box, I had to build in the trunk. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.