Starting Problem??

Participant count
  • Participant list

efm80
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
look at my sig for what I have.....

so a couple weeks back after not running my car for 2 days my car barely started. once I got it going it seemed fine. Took it to Honda the next day and they tested everything and just said that the battery connections were loose and the cause of my problem. Yesterday(week later) my car started very weekly, almost like it was a very dead start but did start nonetheless. Took it too Honda right after. They tested my Kinetik battery and it had 500CA which is good they say. So now they are telling me a couple things could be the problem. The battery connections are not welded which could cause connection problems. Is that true? But then my thought is if there were connection problems why when we tested my battery it was fine and charged. So its definitely receiving the charge from the alternator. Or they said something is draining my batter when car is off. I checked all my gear and evrything appears off. SO what gives??? any thoughts or ideas of why this is happening. I noticed it happens when my engine is cold like not starting for a couple days or sitting for awhile. Once I start it, I could turn it off and start it again and it would be fine. Its really weird. Its too new of a car and battery to be giving me problems. Please help!

Eddie

forgive me, but what exactly is that and how is it done. Would honda do that or can my car installer do it? I am taking it to my installer on tuesday to check some things and see if something is draining battery when car is off. Is that pretty much what a parasitic draw test is?? thanks

eddie

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.