starting my 1st sound system build- need assistance plz

you arent forced to use all 1200 watts. when setting your gains you set the gain knob to 800 watts. you dont need to use all 1200 watts
that sounds like an easy way to clip the amp..yeah, maybe go a little conservative, but leave some system headroom......unless you intend to just play test tones.

I think I am going to go with the sundown 10" e series (2 of them) 4 ohm subs and the aq1200d amp.

So with that amp I am able to knob the settings of the amount of wattage I want. So for example, the subs I am getting are 400 watt rms a piece, I am able to set that amp to 800 watts rms to power the dual subs just by turning the knob...that easy?

Also I am curious to what gauge wire I will need and how I will wire everything up. This is my 1st sound setup so I am completely new to this. If there are how-tos you can point me to that would also be great!

[quote name='cobaltitaliano']I think I am going to go with the sundown 10" e series (2 of them) 4 ohm subs and the aq1200d amp.

So with that amp I am able to knob the settings of the amount of wattage I want. So for example, the subs I am getting are 400 watt rms a piece, I am able to set that amp to 800 watts rms to power the dual subs just by turning the knob...that easy?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's that easy. Look up "gain setting with a DMM" on youtube. It's truly simple. Some big words may make it sound complex, but it's not. And personally, I'd give the full 1200w to the subs, they should have no problem taking that power.

[quote name='cobaltitaliano']Also I am curious to what gauge wire I will need and how I will wire everything up. This is my 1st sound setup so I am completely new to this. If there are how-tos you can point me to that would also be great![/QUOTE]

I'd get a 4 gauge amplifier kit for that. Something like this would be ideal: 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
@cobaltitaliano

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.