Starting car audio store, Need some help

AshkonB

So Cal
Hi, I am going to start a Car Audio store by the end of this month. Ive done plenty of installs and going to get my MECP next week after I finish the book.

But I actually need some more help, like I've been doing some looking around and it looks like some cars cannot have aftermarket head units, like benz?

When doing a amplifier install on a stock head unit, do you plug up the HI/Low converter to the rear of the deck from the original speakers and use rca cables to the Amplifier, then run new wires to the speakers? Or is it okay to use the wires from the stock harness and run those wires to the amplifier?

Also I was doing a bazooka tube install on my BMW 328i 2008, I tapped into the factory amp with the Hi/Low converter but I got no sound... it powered up but no sound. I heard JL sells a Hi/Low converter like a special one for those type of cars.

Sorry just joined this forum and saw you guys help out alot. Please dont flame me either, just trying to start a legit store. Thanks in Advance

i would not start off hiring people if i did not know what was going on first. plus you want to stay in business and since your starting off, keep overhead low and do most work yourself.

well, I'd do it my self, but I'm not comfortable with doing that. I know how to wire up head units and amplifiers and most cars, just ran into a problem on my BMW, the bazooka tube just didn't want to work.

i say having another person there isn't a bad idea in this case...he could learn alot from him and with what people are willing to pay for stuff being installed probably wont be a problem as long as hes not outrageously overpriced like every one around Iowa....all you have to do to get certified is read a book?(MECP)

well, I'd do it my self, but I'm not comfortable with doing that. I know how to wire up head units and amplifiers and most cars, just ran into a problem on my BMW, the bazooka tube just didn't want to work.
...you put a bazooka tube in your OWN car??

i think i have had way more time into doing car audio related stuff and i would not feel comfortable opening my own store...

tried to put one... didnt work out. BMWs I heard need a special hi/low converter.

And ya, all you need is the MECP book to read then take the test to get certified...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.