Started first box build today

95lincdog

Senior VIP Member
First off, big thanks to CSCStang. He sold me the cut sheet and has helped with all my newbie questions. If u r going to buy a cut sheet, get it from him. The build is going good so far. Haven't messed up on any cuts. My 71 year old grandpa is helping me lol. He has a full wood shop. Box is for two 15" kicker cvr's. Tuned to 34hz.......it's not letting me post pics from this phone. I'll get em in a few

lol dude I would have gave you a cut sheet for free. ppl give out designs and cut sheets for free, there aren't many of us who do that. some charge some don't. just putting it out there. ive helped plenty of ppl on this forum and on smd. if you wanna learn how to build enclosures pm me and I will give you a full instruction on how to do it for free. keep your money man, you work hard for it

First off, big thanks to CSCStang. He sold me the cut sheet and has helped with all my newbie questions. If u r going to buy a cut sheet, get it from him. The build is going good so far. Haven't messed up on any cuts. My 71 year old grandpa is helping me lol. He has a full wood shop. Box is for two 15" kicker cvr's. Tuned to 34hz.......it's not letting me post pics from this phone. I'll get em in a few

lol dude I would have gave you a cut sheet for free. ppl give out designs and cut sheets for free, there aren't many of us who do that. some charge some don't. just putting it out there. ive helped plenty of ppl on this forum and on smd. if you wanna learn how to build enclosures pm me and I will give you a full instruction on how to do it for free. keep your money man, you work hard for it
He didn't spend much at all man trust me, but hey free is free huh? Btw, I work hard for mines as well.....

at the end of the day hes satisfied with his bass that's all that matters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

He didn't spend much at all man trust me, but hey free is free huh? Btw, I work hard for mines as well.....

Man..that turned out badd azz!!.. my first box looked pretty sad compared to this..got to love the internet these days,and most deff the help from a true craftsman! nice job sir!!

Man all ya'll making me feel bad. My first box looked like sh*t(given the cuts were made by home depot and were mostly all wrong and had to sand sh*t down, always have the older gentleman make the cuts, not the 18 year old....)

Thanks. It's crazy how much difference a custom box makes. It's almost twice as loud. My back bumper and lights look like they're going to fall off! My rear view mirror already did

Man all ya'll making me feel bad. My first box looked like sh*t(given the cuts were made by home depot and were mostly all wrong and had to sand sh*t down, always have the older gentleman make the cuts, not the 18 year old....)
Last box I made some rugged looking fat chick made the cuts at Home Depot (she could wrestle the whole sheet of 3/4 MDF by herself) and they came out really square and tight. Very minimal sanding/routing required.

Mine was ****** too. It was a test box to see how good I could make it. It had like 4 different finishes because i couldn't decide what would look best. Sold it to a friend of mine for like $50. The poor bastard. Haha. Second box wasn't much better... 3rd box was made by cscstang. Quality!

yeah they get down in a proper box! vids?
Yea it really hits the lows. I'll get a vid tomoro. I listened to it today with the trunk open and something was cracking when the bass hit a certain note. I didn't screw down the port peice, I hope it's just that and not my sub. I'm going to screw it down tomoro. And tc300, no wood glue, I used liquid nails in between everything. It doesnt seem to have hardened too much, which I read was a good thing. I guess we will see...thank you to everyone that has helped me along the way. I've learned so much here. Even tho I still have kicker subs, I think I've came a long way since my first pos bass inferno amp and 10" quantum audio subs when I first found this site

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.