Started first box build today

yup. Add plenty of bracing wherever you feel is needed, as in any open flat and unsupported space. A stronger box = longer lasting and louder bass. This might raise your tuning a hertz or two, it shouldnt be a problem at all vs the gains you will get from a stronger box..
Is there any way I can put the extra baffle on the outside of the front instead to save room inside the box? Or will the extra in the front throw off the port tune?

I haven't had time to fix the box yet. Do u guys think it would work if I just added/doubled the outside of the box completely it would stop the flexing? (Does that make sense how I typed it?) like add another layer of mdf on every side. I really don't want to put any more wood inside and raise the frequency. Do u think 1/2" would work? Would it have to be mdf?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.