Square vs Round Subwoofers

Nice! Ive known Bill for over 20 years, but havent seen him in the 18 years that ive lived in the northland. Hes a really cool guy, knows his stuff too. Hard to go wrong at car toys unless youre a gear wh0re like the majority of us LOL cuz itll put you in the poor house!! Have you heard the audio frogs that are the talk of the town? Apparently theyre the sh1t!!
I havnt heard much on anything intown yet as im more of a loner. Havnt been to any car shows but intend on checking some out in the near future. I mean i got to, im already this far into the game

thats the part that turned me off on the solo squares, even in a custom made box made to specs, they just sound bleh
the solo x's are complete monsters with regard to their motors, nobody who has ever lifted on can argue with that LoL i picked up an 18" once, my back didnt like me for a day or so after that LOL

maybe its just a stigma i have against the initial offerings of the square solos because i heard many direct comparisons of the sqares vs rounds when they came out, and i was really looking forward to the demos, but was definitely let down. Im tellin ya, you cant imagine what percentage of cars had kicker subs in them where im from. It was THE brand to have in tulsa at the time. I wanted to like them, but they were a let down compared to so many other subs out there at the time. Tats about the time that the rockford DVC's were hitting the market, and they sounded waaaaay better than the square solos
a custom made box to specs is not the proper box. A proper box is one that works well with the vehicle alignment, acoustics and having perfect phase. AKA box loading, compression, power and tuned around the cabin's resonant frequency. Its not a oh kicker says 3 cubes for a 12 tuned to 32hz and thats the perfect box.... FAR FROM IT. If you didnt like it that just meant the person that did the install just was not skilled enough in the aspects i listed.

It wasnt my first install, but the first one i went all out on. And go figure everyone here was right, jl is overpriced and now im left wanting more bass. Unless somehow i am a basshead and will always want more? I cant say ive never heard systems that was terribly loud
well... when you ready to drop cash, get your trunk measurements of the space you want to give up and you can achieve great things with even a pair of 8s on low power...

a custom made box to specs is not the proper box. A proper box is one that works well with the vehicle alignment, acoustics and having perfect phase. AKA box loading, compression, power and tuned around the cabin's resonant frequency. Its not a oh kicker says 3 cubes for a 12 tuned to 32hz and thats the perfect box.... FAR FROM IT. If you didnt like it that just meant the person that did the install just was not skilled enough in the aspects i listed.
I had no idea on that. Thats interesting

fair enough. i just didnt and still dont like em tho LoL. Id take an xtant hexagon sub over an L7 any day

It's in your settings
i looked, whats the field you type that in labelled?

im no forum newb, so i checked all the places that other forums have stuff like that in, but i must be overlooking it. Many forums have a "user cp" (control panel) and i found this forums equivalent, but i dont know what that field is called

well... when you ready to drop cash, get your trunk measurements of the space you want to give up and you can achieve great things with even a pair of 8s on low power...
The space im willing to give up is my back seat, as it is a coupe and i dont have passengers. My trunk space is way more important. I would be willing to seal the trunk off from the rest of the car but im pretty deadset on any future subs i get on the rear seat. Not sure if at that point it would be neseary to wall off the rear half of the car and seal the trunk but either way thats my goal

fair enough. i just didnt and still dont like em tho LoL. Id take an xtant hexagon sub over an L7 any day
i had 2 xtant 12 like 14 yrs ago bought them from guy on ebay his user name here was dual700 from ca.. he worked at dream works or something ran their pc system,, he had ads system i think he place 2nd in sq comps all the time with like $3k in it against peeps with $10-15k in theres.. he was in some car stereo mags his 1st name was ENG lol.. anyway they sounded good sealed and i did have enough power to them.. i got them for maybe 4180 pr here they are used http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xtant-X-Subwoofers-Pair-For-Parts-Or-Repair-Q12-/262988835718?hash=item3d3b5b2b86:g:waYAAOSwIaFZG0lO

i had 2 xtant 12 like 14 yrs ago bought them from guy on ebay his user name here was dual700 from ca.. he worked at dream works or something ran their pc system,, he had ads system i think he place 2nd in sq comps all the time with like $3k in it against peeps with $10-15k in theres.. he was in some car stereo mags his 1st name was ENG lol.. anyway they sounded good sealed and i did have enough power to them..
those hex subs were butter!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.