Square vs Round Subwoofers

The space im willing to give up is my back seat, as it is a coupe and i dont have passengers. My trunk space is way more important. I would be willing to seal the trunk off from the rest of the car but im pretty deadset on any future subs i get on the rear seat. Not sure if at that point it would be neseary to wall off the rear half of the car and seal the trunk but either way thats my goal
basically you need a wall. sealed off completely from the back, you wont see through the back. Remember that walled saturn with two 18s? thats basically what it'll come down to if you want to do a back seat setup. Any leaks to the rear trunk will take away almost all your output.

A box in the rear seat wont give much if any output at all.

basically you need a wall. sealed off completely from the back, you wont see through the back. Remember that walled saturn with two 18s? thats basically what it'll come down to if you want to do a back seat setup. Any leaks to the rear trunk will take away almost all your output.
I will look at this saturn, but if your saying what i think your saying, then you crushed my hopes, because i still want to see out of the rear view mirror

Oh, link please?

I will look at this saturn, but if your saying what i think your saying, then you crushed my hopes, because i still want to see out of the rear view mirror
After a week of driving, you wont even need to see out the back. You get adjusted to it just fine. Especially if you have a back up camera.

After a week of driving, you wont even need to see out the back. You get adjusted to it just fine. Especially if you have a back up camera.

Oh no! Its not that i need it to see. I need it for a somewhat cosmetically good looking car. I was also gonna build a seperate anp rack that hovered above my subs with lights shining down on them. Thats the dream. I drive 18 wheelers so not worried about seeing

Oh no! Its not that i need it to see. I need it for a somewhat cosmetically good looking car. I was also gonna build a seperate anp rack that hovered above my subs with lights shining down on them. Thats the dream. I drive 18 wheelers so not worried about seeing
100% of the times looks will conflict with performance. Also subs in a box sitting in the back seat is already extremely ghetto looking vs an actual wall.

I'd get the performance down first and then you can do a lot of beauty/trim panels and still have it extremely cosmetically pleasing.

i looked, whats the field you type that in labelled?
im no forum newb, so i checked all the places that other forums have stuff like that in, but i must be overlooking it. Many forums have a "user cp" (control panel) and i found this forums equivalent, but i dont know what that field is called
derp

rSV0nb2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
100% of the times looks will conflict with performance. Also subs in a box sitting in the back seat is already extremely ghetto looking vs an actual wall.
I'd get the performance down first and then you can do a lot of beauty/trim panels and still have it extremely cosmetically pleasing.
Couldn't he do a deck level 4 10" setup in a ported box that abuts to his rear seats? I mean, he could get more SPL from a wall, but I think you could get in the 150s with 4 good 10"s in that cabin area if he sealed the trunk off with the right enclosure

Couldn't he do a deck level 4 10" setup in a ported box that abuts to his rear seats? I mean, he could get more SPL from a wall, but I think you could get in the 150s with 4 good 10"s in that cabin area if he sealed the trunk off with the right enclosure
150s in the trunk isn't easy money.

He wont be in the 150s. at best a 147 with a lot of power and intensive vehicle mods and welding, sodering basically destroying the vehicle in order for a setup like that to even remotely work. Phase issues will be a major problem limiting any kind of output. More likely he'll still be in the 145 and under club.

Will take a lot of spray foam and fiberglass or welding to completely seal off the rear deck. Any kind of pressure leak to the trunk will kill off every bit of output he could get. He'll have to remove his seats and seal off the trunk and make an enclosure in the back area and treat the ride like a truck. However the rear window angle'd area by the rear deck is a magnet for standing waves so it'll still not be optimal at all. There's a reason why no one does a setup like that. Majority of the times its a waste of money, waste of time and will end up becoming a full blown wall anyways. Wasting time and money is something darknight already went through enough already... If he's gonna do a setup, he needs to just do it right the first time to avoid the pain of disappointment and loss of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.