Square vs Round Subwoofers

Gotcha. Just a thought. I didn't take into account standing waves, and I should have known better as I've ran into that in large rooms before where that runs rampant where acoustic panels aren't present.

Last edited by a moderator:
No kidding. Very dissapointing. I will say that years ago when I went to one of my first car audio shows there was a ride there with three SoloX 18s. It was loud af but actually sounded good too. I was a kid but i think i lasted about 30 seconds in it before i bailed because i wasnt sure if I was going to puke my guts up or shit my pants. That was the moment i fell in love with car audio.

He wont be in the 150s. at best a 147 with a lot of power and intensive vehicle mods and welding, sodering basically destroying the vehicle in order for a setup like that to even remotely work. Phase issues will be a major problem limiting any kind of output. More likely he'll still be in the 145 and under club.
Will take a lot of spray foam and fiberglass or welding to completely seal off the rear deck. Any kind of pressure leak to the trunk will kill off every bit of output he could get. He'll have to remove his seats and seal off the trunk and make an enclosure in the back area and treat the ride like a truck. However the rear window angle'd area by the rear deck is a magnet for standing waves so it'll still not be optimal at all. There's a reason why no one does a setup like that. Majority of the times its a waste of money, waste of time and will end up becoming a full blown wall anyways. Wasting time and money is something darknight already went through enough already... If he's gonna do a setup, he needs to just do it right the first time to avoid the pain of disappointment and loss of money.
This information is very interesting. My origonal plan, which now may have changed, is to take out the rear seats. Replace it with wood, and bolt it down to the origonal seat mount locations. Wrap the wood in a fake leather vinyl for where the subs would sit. So without the cushion of seats taking up more area id have even more room for subs. I doubt ill fit 3 15s in a row by the back seat though. My car just doesnt appear to be that wide. So anyway with what you said about walling off my car. I refuse to do it, atleast like that saturn anyways. Then i thought about going to put the subs in trunk firing inwards. Never will i fire rear wards unless someone has found a way to completely stop trunk rattle. So that lead me back to the walled idea. But instead of a wood wall, what about a glass wall? I can still keep my whole trunk, and get the placement and view of the amps i envisioned on top of the subs but the performance of a completely sealed rear end. How does this sound. And honestly the time part doesnt bother me to much, its a labor of love. Money wont be to bad, as long as i dont waste it. Im not really looking to compete, yet. Idk never been to a show so i cant say if its something id be interested in. Anywho i may draw up a picture or something for what i envisioned, also got do a build log, havnt forgotten to make one yet. So you will see what im working with here soon

ahhhh, the old lanzars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif good stuff!! Car Trends in tulsa had a 4 dr blazer in the early 90s that a guy had ordered a ton of stuff and had it installed and he couldnt afford to pay for it, so car trends went to legal action to recoup costs and took ownership of the vehicle (or so the story goes), and it sat in their showroom for a couple years till they sold it. It was walled off behind the rear seats with 4 15"s and was all lanzar opti stuff except for the clarion dead head 9v deck. That thing was NUTS!!! the tailgate had an eq mounted inside it and had plex over top. Awesome setup. They eventually changed the deck for a pioneer deadhead deck, but that didnt make much of a difference IMO. It had 3 ways in each door (8, 6.5 and tweet). It defined the term "bada$$" in my mind back in the day.
Also, i loved my HE2's. I ran them on an A/D/S/ PQ20.2. Not tons of power, but CLEAN power
lol hey i thought about this other day there was a guy here think he in prison for arson now (cops came to my store 1 nite said hey u know this guy right wa he on pay phone earlier i said yet he was calling in treats and sh*t) burnt down some barns or something) anyway he went to stero shop down street from one i worked at gave them his dad credit card (same name he was a jr + he was 7ft tall at 16) and they put $3500 stereo in it dad said he won't gonna pay it so they kept his car for a month don't know if they took stuff out or what but he used to come up there to listen to the stereo in the parking lot ., crazy..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.