Cutout size for CAB Ultra 12???

slm9s

WA state
I was going to do the cut for the CAB ultra 12 that just showed up on my doorstep. I assumed there would be info in the box on the exact cutout, but no such luck. I know I can call them on monday, but I was wanting to do it this weekend. And I can't find it on the website.

I see the SA 12 cutout is 11 and 1/8th, is it the same?

With the huuuge magnet, I can't figure out an accurate way to measure down to the 1/8th of an inch I want. I'll be cutting it out with a scroll saw.

Thanks.

I was going to do the cut for the CAB ultra 12 that just showed up on my doorstep. I assumed there would be info in the box on the exact cutout, but no such luck. I know I can call them on monday, but I was wanting to do it this weekend. And I can't find it on the website.
I see the SA 12 cutout is 11 and 1/8th, is it the same?

With the huuuge magnet, I can't figure out an accurate way to measure down to the 1/8th of an inch I want. I'll be cutting it out with a scroll saw.

Thanks.
yeah probably just barely over 11" u could do 11" and then use router or just sand it just enough to fit.. what size box are u doin?

That's about 5.54"...and according to my Jasper jig, 5 9/16" is the closest match. You'll have a little wiggle room for the driver. I'd rather have that than a tight fit, sand a little around, test fit, sand some more, etc.

Or a slightly larger enclosure. Closer to 2.5 is ideal
I'm pretty much at max size taking up my whole trunk.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

That's about 5.54"...and according to my Jasper jig, 5 9/16" is the closest match. You'll have a little wiggle room for the driver. I'd rather have that than a tight fit, sand a little around, test fit, sand some more, etc.
I'm using a compass and then a scroll saw.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.