SQ System

Isn't the jlw6 a sq sub? Also ported or sealed
Would 2 10 w6v3 be good in a sealed box?

neither both are sh*t in a mustang.

1/4 wave transmission line box is key with two 8s for best sounding bass and loudness.

i3x947.jpg

SSA if you can get one or FI Q or SSD series 12" subwoofer are awesome. Also the Incriminator Audio Flatlyne Series Subwoofer is a better subwoofer than the JL W6, not that the JL is bad though. If you want sealed then I would pick one of the above subwoofers in a 12" but if you want ported than a 10" should be perfect. Getting two of any of those I listed would be just insane, especially the FI or SSA subwoofers.

Any experience between the jl audio c5 and the new alpine type x components
Yes. Both have crappy tweeters. Both have weak mid bass.

JL isn’t good at speakers. Alpine isn’t good at much. Headunits are nothing special, PDX amps are ok but prices more then they are worth, I do like the Type S subs, none of the current speakers are worth looking at. Alpine is not the same alpine as 10 years ago.

Just made this t-line enclosure recently for a single DC Audio m3 8...believe it or not, the dam thing can be musical. Enclosure is key.

BLPoTOy.jpg

inside "guts" pic

9jinPVS.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.