SQ System For 2022 Charger Speaker Help

XKawN916

CarAudio.com Recruit
hey everybody. i'm a serious noob so please bare with me. i definitely appreciate all the help you guys have given me in the past. anyways, looking to start building a somewhat of a SQ system for a 2022 scatpack charger i just ordered. stock speakers, if i'm correct, are 6x9's in the front doors and 3 3.5's in the front dash. also a pair of 6x9's in the rear dash. should i build a system around the original speaker placement and sizes? i do have a SQ pair of 6.5 speakers with a 1 inch tweeter. would like to utilize those if i could. budget is another up to $1500 on speakers not including amps or anything else.
if i use original sizes and placement other than the 6.5 + tweeters for front doors i'll need

3 3.5's in front dash
2 6x9's in rear dash

things i have on hand:

STEG me650cii 2 way component speakers with 80 watt rms 1 inch tweeters
Memphis Audio prx6903 60 watt rms 6x9's

i have on hand 2 12in infinity perfect kappa 350 watt rms woofers.
i have 2 sundown u series woofers

i also have infinity
k1000 amp 1000w rms
k600 amp 600w rms
k4 4ch amp 400 watts rms

taramps smart 3
taramps 440x4

i realize some of this is not sound quality products. i would like to use what i can, but am definitely willing to purchase better products. the infinity 12's sound good, but aren't very loud. the sundown u's were extremely loud and when turned up had my car flexing hard. maybe stick with the u's and get a SQ amp? overall i don't really have a budget. just don't want to get too insane. so, if you had these products, wanted a SQ system and let's say another $6,000 or so what would you do? thank you guys.

should i build a system around the original speaker placement and sizes? i do have a SQ pair of 6.5 speakers with a 1 inch tweeter. would like to utilize those if i could.

Leave the center speaker alone for now, if it even comes equipped in the package you ordered. The stock front speaker locations are fantastic. My 2013 Dart uses them in a sound quality build. I have 4" mids and 1" tweeters mounted into the left and right dash speaker cover.

Use the Infinity amplifiers. I recommend Audiofrog GB60, GB25 and GB10 for your main speakers. The tweeters can fit in the dash right next to the 2.5"s.

Leave the center speaker alone for now, if it even comes equipped in the package you ordered. The stock front speaker locations are fantastic. My 2013 Dart uses them in a sound quality build. I have 4" mids and 1" tweeters mounted into the left and right dash speaker cover.

Use the Infinity amplifiers. I recommend Audiofrog GB60, GB25 and GB10 for your main speakers. The tweeters can fit in the dash right next to the 2.5"s.
thank you.
i ordered the car without the upgraded system. figured i wanted to build a better one. i believe stock front stage is 3 x 3.5's in the dash and 6x9's in the doors. i don't want the cheap stock speakers so keep the same locations? and upgrade the 3.5's? i do like what i'm reading on audiofrog, but i don't see they have 3.5's. so, what's better 3.5 for the $$$. focal, hertz, jl audio, etc.

hoping to keep my STEG me650cii for the doors.

so hows this.
A)steg 6.5 speaker in the door. have the tweeter installed on a pillar. B) 2 good quality (jl audio c7 350-cm or focal 3.5 wm utopia) 3.5's in the dash in stock location. C)custom some 7 inch scanspeak speakers in the rear deck? D) the 2 12inch sundown u series woofers in custom ported box?

so hows this.
A)steg 6.5 speaker in the door. have the tweeter installed on a pillar. B) 2 good quality (jl audio c7 350-cm or focal 3.5 wm utopia) 3.5's in the dash in stock location. C)custom some 7 inch scanspeak speakers in the rear deck? D) the 2 12inch sundown u series woofers in custom ported box?

This is the dash speaker layout I made for my Dart. Tweeters touching the mids, tucked far against the corner of the dash and windshield junction. The Audiofrog GB25s and GB10s are dead simple to mount into a panel.

Here's another option: https://www.extremeaudio.org/premium-stereo-upgrade-for-colonial-heights-dodge-charger/

Mixing and matching speakers can work well but it's not going to make a typical installation technician comfortable with your goals in mind.

thank you.
i ordered the car without the upgraded system. figured i wanted to build a better one.

I thought of the same for my Scat...until I heard the Harmon Kardon stock system.
The Alpine and Beats arent a $995 difference. I can BARELY tell there's an 8" beats sub by passenger tail light. The Harmon Kardon system...night and day difference. Get the H&K sub from Challenger (pair of subs in spare area, bolts into charger) and get a small mono amp to push them...you'll be happy with everything.

I thought of the same for my Scat...until I heard the Harmon Kardon stock system.
The Alpine and Beats arent a $995 difference. I can BARELY tell there's an 8" beats sub by passenger tail light. The Harmon Kardon system...night and day difference. Get the H&K sub from Challenger (pair of subs in spare area, bolts into charger) and get a small mono amp to push them...you'll be happy with everything.
9 months isn't even close to the record, you gotta do better man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...