SQ component choices/options...

thefunkybunch
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
cloud9
since i've left this industry, i've sorta fallen behind on what's new and good out there, which is why i'm posting here.

i currently have a set of the boston pro 6.53's, and while they sound good i'm just trying to simplify perhaps just for the sake of change. my last component set was the boston Z6's, so you know roughly what i've been dealing with the past few years. i currently am running my mids through an old school ppi a404 amplifier, though that may take a seat in the closet here when i change out the speakers for an alpine pdx amp.

what i'm looking for is something with a very strong midbass, great midrange and smooth tweets. everything from hearing the string bass sing to hearing the loud

'snap' on the snare drum. i listen to a lot of classic rock, classical, salsa, and basically anything chesky releases. i am super hyper-anal about how my setup sounds. i have a very high reference level to compare to the sound i'm trying to achieve. price isn't really that important, but no i don't plan on spending 2 grand on a pair of speakers.

just trying to see if some of you nuts have any suggestions as to what is out there now that will give me what i'm seeking. some other speakers i've heard and liked besides the Z's are the dynaudio's, a set of the focal utopia's, and the jl zr's (though the boston Z's are way better than the zr's).

some i really don't like, anything infinity, quarts, the kenwood xxvwhatever the anniversery speakers are (besides being waaaaay overpriced and out of their league in that price range). dislike alpine speakers, etc.

thanks for readin my ramblin, any info appreciated.

honestly doesn't really matter. not lookin to go insane, but i'd say i wanna stay around or under the 1000 mark or so, give or take. regardless, i will try and find somewhere around here or orlando to actually listen for myself before i purchase, just lookin for ideas of some of the newer stuff really. interested in the new boston z's... 1" of excursion sounds interesting. i've had boston forever and a day now, lookin for some change.

Im currently in the process of installin my Hi-Energies. Their made by Hertz, which is Audisons speaker line. Ive only heard em in a demo room, but strong midbass and smooth tweets. And if you want something even better i heard the Mille(sp?) lines is even better.

any particular models? never heard of hertz... and unfortunately there are no rainbow, morel, or dynaudio's anywhere near me that i can find...

was just lookin at the hertz website... looks interesting. i see they are with audison, which is a good sign. i'll have to see if anyone in florida carries any of their lines... their website isn't very helpful and i really don't want to order anything from online stores, especially something that expensive that i'm that picky about if i can't hear it myself first.

Im currently in the process of installin my Hi-Energies. Their made by Hertz, which is Audisons speaker line. Ive only heard em in a demo room, but strong midbass and smooth tweets. And if you want something even better i heard the Mille(sp?) lines is even better.
Hertz and Audison are seperate companies. Audison does not make the drivers for Hertz, but they are both under the umbrella of Elettromedia. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Where ya live? Could be wrong but i think Hertz is fairly new, only been out a year or two.
Actually many years, just getting a lil more popularity stateside since the seperation of Audison/Focal Elettromedia brought Hertz over here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.