SPL with Type Rs

OP can do as he pleases but, it would be suggested that a Slot Port is used. Especially if you are so gung ho for a higher dB score than increasing the overall output while increasing the Sound Quality as well, thus creating a true Musical Operation with a tinge of Competition ability.
Why do you think a slot is superior?

If they are indeed Dual 4's and you are running them at 1-Ohm on the Amp, you are fine in terms of power. Low 140's is already pretty **** good for only 2 12's. If they are Dual 2's and at 2-Ohm on the Amp, that is your power problem. They are being powered at about Spec, though if that is the case. Putting another Amp on there and running them at 1-Ohm each on the Amp will probably just cook your subs, if they are Dual 2's.
What?

The sad thing is, I do know what I'm talking about. And on top of that, I am actually way more knowledgeable in all aspects of the Acoustical Science and Art than you ever will be. You probably have never even seen a higher score than a 145 on a meter yourself or even know what it sounds like.
lol

A Slot Port will always deliver a better Low End extension while retaining the Higher Hz Bandwidth, also retaining a more Flater Response Curve. Therefore, giving you a higher number on a meter while looking better at the same time. Slot Ports are Superior to Aero Ports and Rounded Ports.
You have many experienced people tell you you are wrong but you continue to make yourself look like a idiot.

I just think some of you guys on here should feel ashamed of yourselves for trying to give this guy bad advice when he is trying to get a higher score on the meter..., A Slotted Port is a better Port in every overall scenario.
so let me get this correct.

a sub requires 2.25 cubes for optimal performance

I want to run two of those subs

if I use an aero port, I can put 2 of those subs in 4.5 cubes each, thus giving them both the air space they needed

if I use a slot port, the box would be around 3.7-3.8 cubes each. no where near optimal

so explain to me how a slot port is superior?

Please, show me one Scientific Study or Benchmark where a crappy Rounded Aero Port has been proven to be better than a Flared Slot.
FLARED aero port

countless pros have already done extensive testing and gained up to around 3db just by using a flared aeroport over slot port

I guess all those pros are wrong

I just think some of you guys on here should feel ashamed of yourselves for trying to give this guy bad advice when he is trying to get a higher score on the meter..., A Slotted Port is a better Port in every overall scenario.
Please do the math of how much surface area a aero port and a slot port. An 8 inch aero and a 8x8 inch slot fo not have the same area. Also an aero port has far less turbulence than a slot port due to its composition.

You sir are the biggest idiot on the forum

The sad thing is, I do know what I'm talking about. And on top of that, I am actually way more knowledgeable in all aspects of the Acoustical Science and Art than you ever will be. You probably have never even seen a higher score than a 145 on a meter yourself or even know what it sounds like.
I'm not quite to the level of the 160.5 you're doing with your broken MA audio amp that you can't even hook up, but I try.

You, sir, are either one of the most pathetic trolls to ever sign up on this board, or a bona-fide 70IQ retard and wanna-be scammer.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/thunderdome-forum-members-only/606889-m-audio-hk-4000d-9.html

Either way you will not be take seriously ever, and mods should ban you before you hurt this place any more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.