SPL with Type Rs

I was wondering what i could do to increase my db? I have a hifonics 2400.1D BRX amp w/ 2 type r 12s in a ported box facing the trunk of a Mazda 3 sedan. Right now im hitting 140.6 and its tuned at 50 hz. Trunk lid is matted now I'm working on the base of the trunk and the sides.
What is your vehicle resonant frequency if you know? Will this be used as daily? Do you have seats that fold down? What do you have subs wired down to 1ohm .5ohm ? What does your electrical look like?

No, we all have our preferences. A Slot Port is a better design, all around. I did my own extensive research on them well over 10 years ago and the Slot Vents came out on top each time. I even still have a template molding to create my own 10" ones out of Fiber Glass laying around here somewhere, trust me... if they were better I would support them over the Slot Design. Just I know better.
Trust you? Ha!

But to the OP, I've heard from a few people that the Type R's are similar to SA-12s in terms of boxes. If that holds true I would try a 4 cubic foot box tuned to whatever you please. Also, I would highly advise working on your electrical to support that much power, and don't even think of adding a second amp until you've done that.

Slot vs ported is not what this thread is about please everyone drop the subject there is a lot more to getting loud than the shape of your port. There is very little difference between a square port with flares and a aero port when you start getting thin ports is when the shape will have a noticeable effect on output. Op just keep h to w ratio 4 to 1 or less and you will be fine or use aeros either way the correct amount of port area is required to get proper output. More area for burp boxes less for daily to help extend output below tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.