Speakers not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cpolinsky

Hi Everyone i'm brand new to the forum (I don't know much at all about car electronics). I'm having some issues with my speakers. I have a Alpine CDE-102 with 2 speakers had them for about 4yrs. All of a sudden the speakers quit working. There still is power to my head unit. So I assumed the speakers went out so I purchased a new pair and I also took my head until out and saw that there was a fuse in the back of it. It looked a little dark (but fuse looked fine). I replaced it and then hooked everything up. Nothing.. Power going fine and when I hit search it finds a station but no sound. How do I know if my head unit is blown? I just assumed since I'm getting power to it, it's working it was just my speakers that were bad. Any suggestions that you can give me that would be great. I know worst case I can buy a new unit but i'd rather not at the moment.

Thank you so much,

Chris

This is just a troubleshooting step, but have you tried playing a CD in addition to the radio? If that doesn't get you any sound from the speakers the next thing to try is to test the head unit out of the vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.