speaker wiring help

Originally posted by d audio 450 yea- go with the harnesses or a multimeter- i dont think i would rely on a 9 volt

-pat
why not??? the 9volt thing works very well....when u hook the wires properly.... the speaker will move outward if its polarity is reversed it will move inward instead of outward.....

Originally posted by Goddyd4me why not??? the 9volt thing works very well....when u hook the wires properly.... the speaker will move outward if its polarity is reversed it will move inward instead of outward.....
Not to mention it saves you $5 per speaker.

- Steve

OK, ill go with the 9 volt thing. Are you sure it doesnt mess anything up? i tried it on an old pice of crap speaker i found in my room, and it made some wierd popping noise and stuff. I don't want to hurt my new speakers.

Originally posted by Goddyd4me why not??? the 9volt thing works very well....when u hook the wires properly.... the speaker will move outward if its polarity is reversed it will move inward instead of outward.....
That'll tell you what polarity the speaker terminals are. But you still need to know which wire from the factory harness connected to which terminal. If you cut the connectors off, you need a reference.
Getting a harness adapter is a good idea. The wiring diagram will tell you what colors are what.

Originally posted by ftgu Ummmm...MULTIMETER.not voltmeter. My multimeter reads AC and DC volts, current, ohms, frequency...............
I don't care what meter functions you use.. you can't get "polarity" of an AC signal. There isn't any.
If you have a 2 channel 'scope, you can measure the relative phase of each output lead, using one as a reference. But not with a DMM.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.