Hyundai Accent 2001 Head Unit Speaker Wiring/Rear Deck Removal(?)

Participant count
  • Participant list

googah

CarAudio.com Newbie
Turkey
hi guys and gals i've just realized that the previous owner wired the speakers sittin on the rear deck series in groups of 2 (4+4 4+4 FL/FR) to the front channels of the head unit. i neeed to crank up the volume but right before they hit the sweet spot they distort thats why I just wanna run some extra wires to properly connect every 4 speaker to the each invidual channel making use of every channel of my head unit

q1. where they might have ran the wires to the rear deck (baffle)? i mean ofc it has to be inside of the left door plastic but where they go through the rear deck area (is it the same pathway)?

q2. i know head units have IC amps inside of them. would the ic get fried if i crank the volume up right beneath the distortion point and listen to bass heavy music? (talkin bout around 40hz low and boosted bass, speakers have 40-50w rms capacity so only problem with their bass is a little bit of that xmax distortion and trunk rattle). ive done built several IC amp boards before but i still want to make sure of this cuz head units are hella expensive in my country

q3. and how the hell i can access to the speaker wires on the rear deck baffle to work with them? [ive found couple guides but i coulnd't be sure and also there was no video/photo instructions]

thx in advance

hi guys and gals i've just realized that the previous owner wired the speakers sittin on the rear deck series in groups of 2 (4+4 4+4 FL/FR) to the front channels of the head unit. i neeed to crank up the volume but right before they hit the sweet spot they distort thats why I just wanna run some extra wires to properly connect every 4 speaker to the each invidual channel making use of every channel of my head unit

q1. where they might have ran the wires to the rear deck (baffle)? i mean ofc it has to be inside of the left door plastic but where they go through the rear deck area (is it the same pathway)?

q2. i know head units have IC amps inside of them. would the ic get fried if i crank the volume up right beneath the distortion point and listen to bass heavy music? (talkin bout around 40hz low and boosted bass, speakers have 40-50w rms capacity so only problem with their bass is a little bit of that xmax distortion and trunk rattle). ive done built several IC amp boards before but i still want to make sure of this cuz head units are hella expensive in my country

q3. and how the hell i can access to the speaker wires on the rear deck baffle to work with them? [ive found couple guides but i coulnd't be sure and also there was no video/photo instructions]

thx in advance
Answer1) By the door sill there is a plastic trim that can be pulled straight up. Underneath is a channel to run wire that goes all the way to the trunk.
Screenshot_20230710-222519(1)~2.png

Answer2) The IC will not fry. It will put out about 18 clean watts RMS per channel. This I assume will be at about 75% volume. Anything above that may be distorted.

Answer3) Since the rear speakers on the deck are already connected to the front door speakers, you can just disconnect the wires from the speakers and re-route them to the back of the radio. There you connect to the rear channels.

Last edited:
Answer1) By the door sill there is a plastic trim that can be pulled straight up. Underneath is a channel to run wire that goes all the way to the trunk.View attachment 50185
Answer2) The IC will not fry. It will put out about 18 clean watts RMS per channel. This I assume will be at about 75% volume. Anything above that may be distorted.

Answer3) Since the rear speakers on the deck are already connected to the front door speakers, you can just disconnect the wires from the speakers and re-route them to the back of the radio. There you connect to the rear channels.
about a3.) the speakers are serial connected at the trunk below the floating thingy that speakers are sitting on or maybe they are connected in parallel. its impossible to see what actually is happening in there due to all cables being the exact same color besides their - +

yeah i guess its the left door trim. head unit to the bigger compartment right beneath the fuse compartment to the l. door trims.

about a3.) the speakers are serial connected at the trunk below the floating thingy that speakers are sitting on or maybe they are connected in parallel. its impossible to see what actually is happening in there due to all cables being the exact same color besides their - +
If you have access to a multimeter, you can test resistance. That should tell you if they are parallel or series.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...