Speaker wire to RCA using a Line Out Converter (LOC)

lurice0

My head unit has 3 pre amp outputs all used up on the subs, tweeters and midrange, going into a DSP with 4 pre amp outputs, so 1 set of pre amp outputs are free on the DSP, which I would like to use to bandpass my rear backseat speakers.

Can i, using the HU as an amp, use the HU designated rear green and purple speaker wires, connect them to a Line Out Converter to make them RCA, RCA into the DSP, then RCA out of back of DSP as RCAs to a second LOC, then finally plug into my 6” rear woofers as regular speaker wires???

Then I could use my DSP to bandpass my woofers midbass in my rear deck above back seat.

Ok I decided I’m gonna upgrade my 4 channel amp to the Rockford t1000x5ad along with this Audiopipe® SPLIT-3003 - Multi-Audio Amplifier Splitter, since no one can tell me about the LOC idea.
Then i can run the rear deck through my DSP???

43FC458C-877C-4B4C-AA06-5F0157B3B110.png

Last edited:
if You haven’t bought that amp yet you should consider this amp

Before scrapping my idea to run active plus rears I was set with this amp because of the 2ch/4ch/6ch selector switch (No RCA splitters will ever be needed).

You’ll be able to select 4 channel on the amp but still get power out of all six channels and you can use two pairs of rcas for this amp. The final result should be deck to dsp to amps and dial In each channel on the dsp

if You haven’t bought that amp yet you should consider this amp

Before scrapping my idea to run active plus rears I was set with this amp because of the 2ch/4ch/6ch selector switch (No RCA splitters will ever be needed).

You’ll be able to select 4 channel on the amp but still get power out of all six channels and you can use two pairs of rcas for this amp. The final result should be deck to dsp to amps and dial In each channel on the dsp

🙏 thanks I haven’t settled on an amp yet I really like rockford amps tho idk if i can trust symphony. what other amps can do what you’re talking about? Or what rca splitter would you recommend for me?

Zapco has a few but if I was not budget concerned I’d still grab the crescendo.

I got that crescendo but the clipping lights don’t work at all and there’s a bad hiss in channel 2. Do they even check the amps before they send them out? Plus I don’t see any reason why I got that amp over any other 6 channel amp. Why did you recommend that amp to me specifically again anyway?

It’s six channel, but sends full signal to all channels even in two or four channel mode mode so you can run your rear speakers on it and still keeps 2 rca channels for your sub amp. That five channel would have consumed all your rca’s, required that audiopipe module which was more equipment cost and potential to add another source of interference in your install. That said, how about reaching out to crescendo the makers of your brand new amp and communicating with them on the hiss and non functioning clipping indicator. Of the thousands of amps they’ve sold like all other brands including rockford I’m sure a few have needed to come back. Why try to trouble shoot on the forum?

It’s six channel, but sends full signal to all channels even in two or four channel mode mode so you can run your rear speakers on it and still keeps 2 rca channels for your sub amp. That five channel would have consumed all your rca’s, required that audiopipe module which was more equipment cost and potential to add another source of interference in your install. That said, how about reaching out to crescendo the makers of your brand new amp and communicating with them on the hiss and non functioning clipping indicator. Of the thousands of amps they’ve sold like all other brands including rockford I’m sure a few have needed to come back. Why try to trouble shoot on the forum?
When I switch it to 4 channel idt it does what you’re saying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.