speaker upgrade need advise

OP, if you are going to go active (as it looks like you will), I'd go raw drivers instead of components. Why pay for crossovers that you will not use. There's a myriad of options here. The "hot" ones are Audiofrog and Stereo Integrity. I think you should check them out, if you are going active. If you stay passive, I am using Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components and am absolutely thrilled with them. But, they are not the best components Morel offers. I think they may give you the best "bang-for-the-buck" in the Morel line, although.
But, as stated before, the install will make a bigger influence on the sound than the equipment, alone, will. Do a great job on the install and you will be pleased with whatever front stage you have.

yea i'm leaning more towards the focal k2, but i will take a look at the ones you mentioned

thank you

9Hertz hsk series or hertz millie series. Focal if you like your highs. Morel and dynaudio are pretty good too.
Cdt is several leagues underneath any of these. Stay away
mmmmmmm, i do love me some Dynaudio!!!

yea i know the tune is one of the most important things especially setting the crossover points. i have a bowers and wilkens setup at home and its 4 years later and i'm still messing with the tune lol guess you never finish looking for ways to improve your system.

again thanks for the info really appreciate
I have some B&W speakers in my home theater rig too, LOVE THEM!!

I second the raw drivers and running active especially for the tweeters. Much less expensive and sound so much better than many of the mainstream stuff. I've had success with Morel, SB Acoustics, Tang Bang, Peerless, and Dayton Audio using JL Twk 88 DSP and AudioControl crossovers. In my three vehicles.

The best component set that I have found and I only recommend it because SB Acoustics make the drivers is NVX X series. I have the SB Acoustics SB29RDCN-C000-4 Neo Magnet Ring Dome Tweeter and they are the best I've ever heard to date. That component set x-over point is 1500 hrz. https://www.nvx.com/content/X_series_speaker_manual%20(3).pdf

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.