Looking to get a new set of component speakers already have an amp but I am confused!

Participant count
  • Participant list

loz88

UK
Hi all,

I currently have an old amp I used to use in my old car a JBL A602

I want to replace the front components in my car which are 6.5", I don't want to spend too much on speakers but one thing I have read that I am not clear on is you should match or exceed the RMS.

As my JBL amp isn't that powerful (65w rms per channel) should I be going for a lower rms speaker, like 45w or something, so that I know it is getting full clean power?

Ideally I don't want to buy a new amp but still upgrade my speaker using the one I currently have.

I am in the UK so any recommendations from amazon.co.uk would be great.

Thanks

Hi all,
I currently have an old amp I used to use in my old car a JBL A602

I want to replace the front components in my car which are 6.5", I don't want to spend too much on speakers but one thing I have read that I am not clear on is you should match or exceed the RMS.

As my JBL amp isn't that powerful (65w rms per channel) should I be going for a lower rms speaker, like 45w or something, so that I know it is getting full clean power?

Ideally I don't want to buy a new amp but still upgrade my speaker using the one I currently have.

I am in the UK so any recommendations from amazon.co.uk would be great.

Thanks
lots of companies have comps under $200 thats are ok.. chek out ct sounds strato and meso.. those morel are nice (but u need 6.5" just look around) u just don't want a set that needs 150 watts per speaker to move them, so most anything that says 90db or more should be good on 65rms i would think..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.