Speaker terminals

No it’s not.
Again a 60w station, is the correct tool.
It works on 1 gage. I solder chassis grounds with it,
Building tube amps.
It’s all about wattage.
A torch will contaminate the joint.
This is not a plumbing job.
I beg to differ...

Been doing this for 40 years. I worked in a bike shop for years did tons of braze joining, yes, welding. Heat is heat and when it comes to soldering, having to wait a millennium to heat a 1/0 - 4 gauge wire that never really heated completely through before the large wire dissipates the heat and cools is more detrimental and produces poorer welds (yes welds as that IS what you are doing) than heating with a MAPP gas torch. MAPP gas torches can be used in combination with oxygen for heating, soldering, brazing, and welding because of their high flame temperature.

You cannot beat gas heat for even thorough heating of large wire. We're not talking about using it on 10-22 gauge wire, that would be silly. But for anything in the 4 or larger, gas is king. You simply cannot get the wire hot enough, quick enough and maintain heat ( not talking professional equipment here) that even if it is coated in flux, it will flow adequately.

If you burn your weld,with an iron or a torch, the issue is technique, not the tool.

Only to you man, preferences are preferences, like opinions and ********, everyone has them. I don't care that one only loses .000002 ohms of resistance in a 2" bolt, I'm not a fan introducing anything in the signal path if you have other options. This is my preference - many ways to skin a cat...
I think it's a joke because you are bashing stainless steel but you use banana plugs.
No it’s not.
Again a 60w station, is the correct tool.
It works on 1 gage. I solder chassis grounds with it,
Building tube amps.
It’s all about wattage.
A torch will contaminate the joint.
This is not a plumbing job.
You cannot tin heavy wire with a 60w iron. Torch will not "contaminate the joint".

I think it's a joke because you are bashing stainless steel but you use banana plugs.

You cannot tin heavy wire with a 60w iron. Torch will not "contaminate the joint".
Nobody is bashing anything. Just because I can use stainless, doesn't I should. The bananas I use are 4mm BFA style gold plated copper, pretty sure they conduct just fine. That is only on 12 gauge or smaller too, not an issue either way.

That said, I can see them on large power distro blacks and battery terminal connections, sure, just don't see the need or suggest I would use them anywhere else, personal preference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...