Speaker polarity check question

Participant count
  • Participants list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
My head unit does not have a cd player

android auto or Bluetooth only

what tools or phone apps are you using to test polarity. Most of what of what I see on Amazon is the FH-168 tester with them emailing the audio file in a couple days after purchasing
this the best option for this task

or are there reliable phone apps and methods other than the fh-168

what tools or phone apps are you using to test polarity. Most of what of what I see on Amazon is the FH-168 tester with them emailing the audio file in a couple days after purchasing

It's the exact one I use, it always came with a CD. If you can't use the CD, Polarity Pops can be easily downloaded from the web. You can also download a speaker polarity app from the apple store or Android store.

You can test polarity with any mono track, ie AM talk radio. The track should sound centered on the dash. If a driver is out of polarity, then the track will sound wide and diffuse.

You can easily do it this way for free.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...