speaker noise problem!!

pbnj22
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Duluth MN
I have had a sub and mono amp hooked up for a while and doing fine. This weekend i hooked up a 4 channel amp to the stock speakers since it was laying around and now im getting a low bass like crackle noise with car on then when i start engine the noise gets higher pitched, more of a buzz and changes with engine rev.

-I never had this problem with sub so i cant imagine its the head unit or its ground..

-My rcas are on the opposite side of power wire, they cross once at a 90 degree angle and its through the carpet..

-My amp ground is same bolt as sub amp and its a good one...

anything else to check? would swapping rcas with my sub amp help to eliminate bad rcas?

could it be just a shltty amp?

I have had a sub and mono amp hooked up for a while and doing fine. This weekend i hooked up a 4 channel amp to the stock speakers since it was laying around and now im getting a low bass like crackle noise with car on then when i start engine the noise gets higher pitched, more of a buzz and changes with engine rev. -I never had this problem with sub so i cant imagine its the head unit or its ground..

-My rcas are on the opposite side of power wire, they cross once at a 90 degree angle and its through the carpet..

-My amp ground is same bolt as sub amp and its a good one...

anything else to check? would swapping rcas with my sub amp help to eliminate bad rcas?

could it be just a shltty amp?
Check the ground wire? Also do you have a pioneer HU? Try grounding the RCA's on the HU by wrapping wires around the RCA's. I had the same problem with the alternator wine and this fixed my problem. Only try that on pioneer HU though.. Not sure on other brands of hu

I read the pioneer thing but i have a kenwood.. and my ground is the same bolt as i used for my other amp... so Im starting to think its just a crappy amp... Could rcas running next to other wires for my car make a difference, like power wires for tail lights or trailer lights?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.