Speaker Newb...quick question/suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

NJTStang11
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago, IL
Alright, I've had countless systems but never went all out on front stage. Last car was a Lexus w/ Premium sound speakers which I liked and car before that already had some descent Alpine Coaxials up front when I bought it.

Anyways, bought a 97 Explorer and already have headunit/subwoofer/amp for it. The front speakers in it are garbage, already popping and crap so I'm just gonna get it out of the way.

Headunit is Pioneer 7205 model. Does like 18rms x 4.

I think i just want to run them off headunit as I have little to no money left. What would be a descent set of coaxials? I looked at these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-DS680-6-x-8-2-WAY-70-WATT-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQitemZ290187963797QQihZ019QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is there any chance a shitty (hifonics, etc) 2ch amp and some low end componenents (all used) can be had for less than $100?

Get Alamni PCS65C and whatever amp you can afford with what's left over. If you don't have crossovers in your Pioneer head unit, look for an amp with a high-pass crossover. Any amp is going to be more than the head unit power, the head units are overrated and seldom do more than 12 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.