speaker mounting

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am having a pair of ts-m800 pro pioneer 8's put in my doors. The audio guy plans on mounting them in the door panels themselves with a mdf ring in between the speaker and panel to fit the contour of the outside of panel. He says the large 8's will only be able to play 200 hz if im lucky due to the lack of sealing in the door enclosure. I have the door skins them selves, as well as inside the skins completely dynamated, even over the holes where the windows are reachable. Before he installs the speakers, i plan on putting luxury liner over the dynamat on the door skins in hopes to better seal the door skin to the panel and therefore a better seal for the speaker. Is he right? will the speakers only produce 200hz or can i attain better bass? is it worth putting the 8's in the doors. Did he say that to get me to buy a fiberglass door pod? I understand that would be best, but I cant afford those right now.

I applied a decent amount, not a ton, of sound deading to an old 199 beat honda civic, and used clay to fill gaps for where I mounted huge midwoofers for the doors (CDT HD-6). It has tons of bass. Tuned them to 65hz and amped with Memphis mc300 150 watts each channel.

You're gonna be fine. Fill the outside seals of the door skin/interior piece with dense foam or dynomat or whatever if you can. I used dynomat on the door where the door skin meets to make it thick which made the seal between the door and the panel even tighter.

You have 8in woofers and he thinks you can only play flat to 200hz? That seems stupid. Why couldn't you get to at least 40 with them if the door is deadened and seal decently, I dont get it.

I applied a decent amount, not a ton, of sound deading to an old 199 beat honda civic, and used clay to fill gaps for where I mounted huge midwoofers for the doors (CDT HD-6). It has tons of bass. Tuned them to 65hz and amped with Memphis mc300 150 watts each channel.
You're gonna be fine. Fill the outside seals of the door skin/interior piece with dense foam or dynomat or whatever if you can. I used dynomat on the door where the door skin meets to make it thick which made the seal between the door and the panel even tighter.

You have 8in woofers and he thinks you can only play flat to 200hz? That seems stupid. Why couldn't you get to at least 40 with them if the door is deadened and seal decently, I dont get it.
Yeah that was my thought, i feel like he was saying that to get me to buy the fiberglass set up he suggested. The car is officially at the shop, and unfortunately my **** luxury liner never made it in the mail (the person i bought it from still hasn't shipped it??) So we can see how everything sounds with just dynamat everywhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.