Speaker Install: Fronts Don't Work, But Rears Do

SaturnSC1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey you guys. I've come into a major problem. I have a 91 Saturn SC, and I bought two sets of speakers for it. Everything in the car is stock except for some inexpensive profile 6.5" speakers that came along with it. Well it was about time for me to switch those out. SO, I bought some Memphis PR 6.5s for the front and some Volfenhang 6.5s for the back. Well after fighting with the door panels to come off (**** you Saturn!!) I finally got it off. After drilling my own holes and placing the speakers in, after hooking them up. I went to the back deck to put the Volfenhangs in. After all of my speakers were in and screwed down I decided to give it a test run. My headunit is stock. So it still gives the same juice a 91 Saturn Cassette Player would give to speakers. The problem is that the two Volfenhangs in the back work perfectly, but no sound is coming from the two Memphis's unless the fader is brought to the front. But, if everything is centered then the memphis's die out only leaving the Volfenhangs! Do you guys have any idea what this problem can be related to? Plz Help Me. I'm soooo frustrated.

Maybe try unplugging the rears and then center the fade and test the fronts that way. Maybe they are playing just very quiet? Make sure they are wired correctly. Try them in the rear and see if there is a difference. Seems to be just a guess and test problem...

the aftermarkets are all 4 ohm drivers....i guess i probably should just buy a head unit and an amp....the stock headunit probably just doesn't give enough juice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.