Speaker Distortion after new installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dragon56

Hi Folks,

I just installed a new Pioneer head unit Model DEH- S6000BS in my Motorhome. The existing speakers

are mounted front and rear of the cabin. The original cassette player had only three pairs of speaker wires. After tracing out all of the wires I found that each speaker has one separate wire, but each side ( left and right pair ) has a common wire. The wiring diagram on the new deck shows each speaker with two separate wires to each speaker. Once I connected the speakers using only the wires I had I found that I have major distortion at volumes over 20. All of the speakers sound the same and none are worse or better than the others. Is it possible that I will have to run a separate pair dedicated to each speaker?

Any Advice?

Thanks

Dragon56

Yes you will need to wire each new speaker to each connection on the new radio by manual specs

You should have one pos/+ wire and one negative/- wire for each channel to each speaker for the new radio and new speakers

You may have 8 ohm or 2 ohm original speakers as well but properly wire using the diagram as shown in the radio manual and go from there. Its possible you may have blown/or rotted surrounding existing speakers as well

yeah u may have to run new wires man.. it could be the best easiest fix, just get alot of 16ga wire (for any long runs) u can use 18ga for door speakers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.