Rear speakers won’t work with new head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

PhillyCheese

Fl
Ok guys I have this issue I’ve been trying to solve.

Bought this truck not too long ago and it had a ho hum audio system in it. Anyways bought a new head unit for one of my other vehicles and decided to put the old one in the truck since it has Bluetooth. Problem is I can’t get the rear speakers to work or the subs. Yes everything is hooked up correctly and tried playing with the settings on the unit and rear speakers won’t even pop up. It all works on the old unit but won’t on the new one both units are pioneer only difference is age and Bluetooth. The setup is a simple mono amp (don’t say the watts on it) w/10s.... it looks like it’s a 1omamp with 4/3/2 channel. I’ve tried a few different wireing from some other forum post but it didn’t help other than make the sound clearer in the front.

I am a newb at this I’ve done basic set ups but have no clue what’s going on. I’d appreciate your professional advice on this.

the no named 4 channel amp is not 1 ohm stable pretty sure about that.. so u have rears power on new hu not amp right? subs on amp and u have rcas to the amp?, ground is good fuses are good blue remote turn on wire connected to amp? amp have power light on? if front speakers work rears don't sound like rears aren't connected right behind hu or speakers are bad as long as u didn't fade speakers to front on hu.. if u tapped into rear speakers to wire the amp and both don't work could be amp or how it's connected..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.