Speaker cuts in and out

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mknauer51

Hello all,

Ok so here's my problem, my passenger side speaker keeps cutting in and out. I figured it was lose wiring, so I took my door panel off and checked all my speaker wiring and it looked good. Next I took out my head unit and checked the wiring back there, again it all looked good. Lastly I checked the wires to my amp, and all are connected nicely. So now I decided to go into my head unit settings and check my balance and fade. When I changed the settings so that all my power was diverted to the speaker that is cutting in and out i did hear music coming out, just not loudly. The funny thing is that my problem with this one speaker will occur for a couple of days, and then go away for like a week. I guess my question is if the channel in my amp that feeds my passenger side speaker is going? Does anyone have any other suggestions to what it might be?? All other speakers are working great...

PS: I'm running a Kenwood Headunit, JL audio amp, JL audio 10inch woofer, and 2 JL audio component speakers in the doors.

sounds like a lose wire in the speaker, maybe the speaker is on its way our. poped coil, lose wire. take the speaker out and check the ohms and continuity, Maybe play some test tunes.

Swap RCA from Right to left and see it the issue changes sides.

take detailed pics of the connections you checked and we'll weigh in. if you did it right, then others will benefit from your methods. if you didn't, we can help.

i like swapping left/right. i made a diagram about diagnosing with that method. the black X identifies what is bad (hu output or RCA). it can eliminate the amp and speaker as a suspect.

RCAswap.jpg

you can also swap speaker wires left/right at the amp output to see if the problem changes sides. if it does - then it's speaker/wiring. if it doesn't than it's amp or my test above.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.