Speaker clicking noise Help!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ti837

So I just installed 4 new Infinity Kappa Speakers (62.9i) pushed by a 4 channel Infinity 475a Amplifier. I also installed a active crossover (Kicker KX3) and have a Kicker L7 pushed by a infinity mono 611a amp. Im getting this really clicking noise coming from the tweeter and can only be heard when the music is very low. It is not RPM dependent so the clicking noise does not change temp as the RPM changes. I know it coming before the crossover because I plugged in a RCA directly into the crossover and the I get no clicking noise at all. Ive changed the grounding point twice without any success. Does anybody have a solution to this problem. I made a short 1 minute video so people could hear what im talking about. Thanks

Video of Speakers

Pull your headunit out and look at the rca's . Make share the rca outs on the back of the headunit are correctly plugged in. For example. Sub out to sub amp. Component out to component amp. If the sub rca out on the headunit is plugged into the component amp it will make the crackling noise

Is your active crossover controlling the signal to your tweeters? if so it sounds like "maybe" the x-over point ts too low and the tweeters may be playing a tone there not capable of producing?

The RCA is the monster 4 channel cable and I know its not the RCA because I tried a different RCA and the sound still was there. Also i plugged the rca into my AUX speaker for my home speakers and the sound came out of there. That why im thinking its coming from the headunit but the weird thing is it never made this noise when i had the stock speakers plugged in.

Is your active crossover controlling the signal to your tweeters? if so it sounds like "maybe" the x-over point ts too low and the tweeters may be playing a tone there not capable of producing?
^^^ This Here^^^ Sounds to be as though you are at a lower xover point and its being introduced to more of a bass note/lower freq tone rather than the higher freq required for tweets above themid ranged area..Do you have the switch to go from -3db to +3db??If so, Maybe you can try to set either settings fro 0 to +3db see if that helps..you may be set at 0 if you didnt change anything as they send them out stock settings that way.. Try that out,first, lets hear back from you..About the only thing I can think of at the moment

what kind of head unit. Ive seen some decks put out that kind of sound before, can you also hear the laser move when you switch tracks?

I solved the problem guys. The wires that go to the speakers from the headunit which i dont use now because I use the RCA output was touching each other. I thought I put electrical tape around it but one of the positive wire and negative wire seemed to have been touching.

I solved the problem guys. The wires that go to the speakers from the headunit which i dont use now because I use the RCA output was touching each other. I thought I put electrical tape around it but one of the positive wire and negative wire seemed to have been touching.
Good find!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.