Speaker Baffles/cups. Lookin for opinions!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Supergumby5000
5,000+ posts

Project: F350 begins...
Pullman, WA
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9441_Metra+81-4300.html#

I've always been curious about using these. I have a ton of Raamat and Ensolite in my doors already. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Im about to start another big project and have been pondering giving these a whirl to see if i can gain any midbass. That, or maybe using these as molds for more firm, fiberglass cups.

I would just look into speaker adapters i think is what they are called, you can find em off of ebay but it's basically an abs plastic baffle, and i use them, and they are great.
the idea seems much better than just using the entire door as the speaker enclosure, thats for sure. thanks for the input

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9441_Metra+81-4300.html#
I've always been curious about using these. I have a ton of Raamat and Ensolite in my doors already. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Im about to start another big project and have been pondering giving these a whirl to see if i can gain any midbass. That, or maybe using these as molds for more firm, fiberglass cups.
Why would you think that placing speakers in small sealed enclosures would help their low-end output?
Most car audio mids are made to run IB (in car doors)... so placing them in small sealed boxes like these, or those stupid 6x9 boxes in back windows, is only going to decrease cone motion and seriously diminish LFE (that being midbass in this case).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.