subs blown?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jbaringer

This is my first build so I'm not really sure what to think.

I have 2 12" kicker CVR subs with a hifonics txi1008 amp running at about 400 watts each which is what they are rated at.

So today I am out by my car playing that new song called put on by young jeezy because everyone tells me it bumps. So I let it bump for about 2 minutes pretty hard and shut my car off.

Later, I go to my friends house to show him my subs because he hasn't seen them yet and all of the sudden the subs cut out. No distortion of music, no crackling, nothing. I have gotten that burnt toast smell before but when i went to the back of my car there wasn't a smell.

I made sure that my subwoofer was set on my pioneer deck. Also the bass boost dial on that is mounted in front of my gear shifter, the light went out on that but it was all the way down during the entire song so i dont think that was an issue anyway. Also my amp turns on fine and everything looks to be connected as it should be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.