Speaker advice for 2011 Scion XB

Participant count
  • Participant list

GaiusDax

Currently I have 2-ways (Kicker 41DSC674) in the front doors and still have the stock tweeters in the top of the door. The highs are bright as hell and even turning it down it is not good. I am currently using the factory wiring and don't wish to run new wires at this time. The issue here is that it runs to the tweeter and then out to the mids. If the tweeters are not plugged in the mids get no power.

My question is this:

A: Should I go with a Component set of speakers and put them in the factory locations (Not sure if this would give the best sound based on location.)

B: Stick with the 2-Ways that I have in the doors and just bypass the factory tweeters.

C: Something that I am not thinking of..

Currently I have 2-ways (Kicker 41DSC674) in the front doors and still have the stock tweeters in the top of the door. The highs are bright as hell and even turning it down it is not good. I am currently using the factory wiring and don't wish to run new wires at this time. The issue here is that it runs to the tweeter and then out to the mids. If the tweeters are not plugged in the mids get no power.
My question is this:

A: Should I go with a Component set of speakers and put them in the factory locations (Not sure if this would give the best sound based on location.)

B: Stick with the 2-Ways that I have in the doors and just bypass the factory tweeters.

C: Something that I am not thinking of..
sell the kickers and get a component set, replace the factory tweeters with proper tweeters. Your coaxials are useless since you have two tweeters going at once without any kind of sound processing. A good head unit can make a difference too.

Thanks for the reply,

FYI: I have a Kenwood KDC-X399 head unit. I should have added that to start. I have always heard that you don't want your tweeters more than a foot from your mids. How true is that and does it matter in this situation? The mids are about 1 1/2 feet away from the tweeters.

Never Really Messed with Power Acoustik How do the stack up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.