Skar Audio PAX-65 vs ID CTX65

My bet is the SKARs will get a lot louder and be way more efficient due to it being a pro audio style of driver. I would guess the ID's are cleaner sounding and play lower. I've never used ID's CTX series but I've had the CXS drivers and they were extremely clean through the midrange and had decent midbass punch.

The PRV neo mids are $100, those I'm sure do what they say and probably worth the extra $25.
Can't find the neos. Saw the neo horns but couldn't find the mids. Saw them mentioned a few times.

I was also looking at those Sundown mids as well.. There's a lot of options at mids.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Some reviews suggest those tweets are bright, so I think they'll be able to keep up.
They are a lot brighter now that I have my Lanzar optihc5002 hooked up to them.. I just got a RF 500-2 for my mids. I would test each amp on my new mids, to see which one is better suited. Wish I would have got two when those optis were 69 bucks!!! Still can't believe it was that cheap

They are a lot brighter now that I have my Lanzar optihc5002 hooked up to them.. I just got a RF 500-2 for my mids. I would test each amp on my new mids, to see which one is better suited. Wish I would have got two when those optis were 69 bucks!!! Still can't believe it was that cheap
Yeah, let us know how those neos do if you get them.

Go active. Pro audio is fine for loud clean sound with tradeoffs in detail and accurate musical reproduction. To be honest though, I dont really care for really low midbass since your subs should handle that range fine. I love how pro audio can hit the 125hz-300hz range much stronger than normal component woofers and that really gives it that nice snap kick.

Go active. Pro audio is fine for loud clean sound with tradeoffs in detail and accurate musical reproduction. To be honest though, I dont really care for really low midbass since your subs should handle that range fine. I love how pro audio can hit the 125hz-300hz range much stronger than normal component woofers and that really gives it that nice snap kick.
I am, off my Alpine 9855 in 3 way mode. I usually keep my mids crossed around 100/125 at different slopes.. Then low passed at 3200 to 4000 .. I tend to tinker with my settings a lot.

Is the change in detail dramatic?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.