Soundqubed hds3 vs jl audio w7

the Z is actually more like the w7.. the X has a stiffer suspension
No, it's actually 1 spider less than the 1st x version....handles more power and more towards natural sound that are like other comparable subs.....is why I suggested it.

Both drivers are 1500 rms....however the JL is limited while the Sundown can and take more power.

No, it's actually 1 spider less than the 1st x version....handles more power and more towards natural sound that are like other comparable subs.....is why I suggested it.
Both drivers are 1500 rms....however the JL is limited while the Sundown can and take more power.
the X has a VERY stiff spider. over 2x stiffer than the jl.. let me show you what spec tell you stiffness.

Specifications X 12"D2 X 12" D4

RE (ohms) 3.80 ohm 6.1 ohm

FS (Hz) 36.1 hz 38.3 hz

Vas (L) 17.1L 13.2L

Qes 0.44 0.50

Qms 4.89 4.92

Qts 0.41 0.45

Le (mH) 2.41 mH 3.82 mH

BL (NA) 25.2 30.0

Mms (Grams) 326.2 g 305.6 g

Cms (uM/N) 0.06 mm/N 0.06 mm/N

Sens (1w/1m) 84.4 db 84.4 db

see the parameter CMS? its the measure of how far a specific applied force moves the diaphram

0.1584 mm/N for the w7 and the x

Specifications ZV4 REV2 12"D1 ZV4 REV2 12" D2

RE (ohms) 1.7 ohm 3.6 ohm

FS (Hz) 31.4 hz 33.0 hz

Vas (L) 24.2L 21.4L

Qes 0.41 0.45

Qms 5.65 5.74

Qts 0.39 0.42

Le (mH) 1.12 mH 2.56 mH

BL (NA) 16.3 23.6

Mms (Grams) 330.4 g 339.4 g

Cms (uM/N) 0.08 mm/N 0.07 mm/N

Sens (1w/1m) 84.4 db 84.1 db

I could give 2 ***** over stiffness vs. how the sub performs in a good designed ported enclosure.

Why don't we call upon an expert @sundownz. I think he did a head to head comparison between the JL W sub and his X version some time ago.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']I could give 2 ***** over stiffness vs. how the sub performs in a good designed ported enclosure.

Why don't we call upon an expert @sundownz. I think he did a head to head comparison between the JL W sub and his X version some time ago.[/QUOTE]

im explanining to you why the z and the w7 are more similar. lol
im not knocking ether sub. the sd is designed to be ported the w7 sealed. the only downfall is the sd takes alot more power to get louder in the same alignment. sealed the z will outdisplace it and evetually get louder but the w7 is really made to be sealed..
in a few short weeks.
im supposted to get scared? i dont knock sundown or jacob. if he wants to say something he is welcome to. he will just tell you the same thing i just said. its simply a matter of physics. if the op has 1000-1200 the w7 is a better choice if he has 1500 up the z is a no branier. i hate jl btw because us so overpriced imo. but im not going to be baised and give a recommendation based of one aspect...
good day turtle..

W7 can be ported as well. People don't get just an average ported box for those won't sefice....has to be dam near perfect for the sub.

Surely he can find something better than a 700 dollar sub (coughw7cough)

It's well known.

i dont know why you tried to shig on me when i was trying to help you understand why i said that the z was a more logical compersion.. while its a tad more at home ported it can still sound great sealed. fact is i just dont want the op getting a woofer he isnt happy with.. if a customer called me and said he had an alignment that wasnt ideal for my woofer i would advise he look else where. if he still wants to give me his money ill gladly take it.. lol

W7 can be ported as well. People don't get just an average ported box for those won't sefice....has to be dam near perfect for the sub.
Surely he can find something better than a 700 dollar sub (coughw7cough)

It's well known.
w7 12 is 200-250 used around my area. Its no where near as picky with boxes as a X or Z series sundown. Soo many failed sundown Z and X builds here its not even funny, small, medium and big boxes all lacked bandwidth or didnt get that loud without absurd amounts of power. Way more loud and good sounding W7 setups with all types of random boxes with junk power. Very few do i see a loud AND good sounding sundown zv4/X setup.

The Zv4/X may be superior but they are helluva lot more enclosure picky and power hungry than a JL sub.

I'd like to hear the xcon. To date, the IDMAX is my favorite sounding subwoofer and has plenty of output. I prefer it over a W6 or W7.
I like the IDmax myself as well but the Xcon Is basically the idmax on steroids. Similar SQ and efficiency but way more output via power handling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Aram5217

Aram5217
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Papermaker85