3 10's vs 2 12's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ShoreThing

I recently purchased a $1300 subwoofer setup from my friends shop to be installed in my 06 F-350 Lariat crew cab long bed. while writing me up for 2 12's they didnt realize that i had a motorized back window which happens to take up a bit of space that they planned on using. The subs i purchased were the higher end series of Phoenix Gold 12'' shallow mounts to go behind the back seats. About an hour in my buddy came out to the show room and told me that there was no way they could fit 12's behind the seats. He upsold me to 3 Phoenix Gold 10's and a larger amp (got the friend discount and it was only $300 more). i was excited at first but over the past few days ive been told that the 3 10's wont sound nearly as well as the two 12's... I'm new to the game and dont have enough knowledge to know one from the other. therefore i am reaching out to you all for your honest opinion. Am i getting a better system or not? he set me up with a single 12 in an enclosed box just to roll around with but the custom box will be installed friday. lets hear your honest opinions!

I woulda went with acouple nice 8s ported... Sundown,massive audio,American bass vfl,sound qube, two 8s ported would prolly blow those shallow mount woofers out the water

You're breaking about even IMO. In that application i dont think you could tell the difference in the small amount of cone area. You get the bonus of saying you have three 10's though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ShoreThing

ShoreThing
VA BCH, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
alienchickenomg