Soundqubed hdc3 18's??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
Debating on upgrading from my sp4 15 to two soundqubed hdc 18's mainly because the price is really good. since ive never heard a soundqubed sub in person im turning to your guys opinions. Does anybody have experience with these 18's? How is the quality of them, how do they sound, can they compete with higher priced woofers in the same power range, do they stay punchy for country music and metal music? Any insight you guys could give would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

Debating on upgrading from my sp4 15 to two soundqubed hdc 18's mainly because the price is really good. since ive never heard a soundqubed sub in person im turning to your guys opinions. Does anybody have experience with these 18's? How is the quality of them, how do they sound, can they compete with higher priced woofers in the same power range, do they stay punchy for country music and metal music? Any insight you guys could give would be much appreciated. Thanks guys
They are loud and sound good. denali 4 hdc3 18"s:

System i built for my bro. ****** box did 151.6 at the headrest at 36 hz on 5kw clamped. Got super low too.

you think a crescendo bc 3500 would be enough to power two nicely?
His had 1250 clamped per sub and sounded good. I would do an aq 3500.1 @ .5ohm. U could crank her up and demo probably 3 mins non stop on that power before the coils got hot. Using some common sense and watching the speakers it would be a good daily match. I wouldnt do the crescendo unless you did a 5500 and never clipped it ever. With the crescendo 3500 you would clip it to get the output you want and it would burn the coils up.

Do a 12 cube box, 210" of port area tuned to 38 and itll slam. Aq loves big ports.

His had 1250 clamped per sub and sounded good. I would do an aq 3500.1 @ .5ohm. U could crank her up and demo probably 3 mins non stop on that power before the coils got hot. Using some common sense and watching the speakers it would be a good daily match. I wouldnt do the crescendo unless you did a 5500 and never clipped it ever. With the crescendo 3500 you would clip it to get the output you want and it would burn the coils up.
Do a 12 cube box, 210" of port area tuned to 38 and itll slam. Aq loves big ports.
Gotcha, Thanks for all the help man! looks like I will be selling my bc3500 haha

Gotcha, Thanks for all the help man! looks like I will be selling my bc3500 haha
No prob, the crescendo is pretty much the old aq 3500. Best you could get out of them is like 2500 clipped at 1ohm clamped power on 12v. Those hdc3 will handle a clean 2500 in the right box for a 30 sec bass race no problem. I ran a clamped 5k to two 12's in a 5 cube box (too big) and was surprised how well they could take it. So much excursion the surrounds were crinkling lmao. I dont think you could get a better sub for the money, recones are cheap as hell too.

No prob, the crescendo is pretty much the old aq 3500. Best you could get out of them is like 2500 clipped at 1ohm clamped power on 12v. Those hdc3 will handle a clean 2500 in the right box for a 30 sec bass race no problem. I ran a clamped 5k to two 12's in a 5 cube box (too big) and was surprised how well they could take it. So much excursion the surrounds were crinkling lmao. I dont think you could get a better sub for the money, recones are cheap as hell too.
Sounds good! I'm excited to sell my current stuff and start on this build! Whats a realistic price you think I could get for my bc3500? its a little scratched on the front but not bad

Sounds good! I'm excited to sell my current stuff and start on this build! Whats a realistic price you think I could get for my bc3500? its a little scratched on the front but not bad
hmm well around here a saz 3000 goes for like 500 so id say 400 plus shipping wouldnt be to bad. Im not into used car audio stuff so take that into account lol

For 90 bux more a sub u can get 2 hdc4 18s ..then keep ur bc3500 and buy a second one .if u have the electrical
Yeah 90 more I wouldnt' turn that down.. Even if you don't upgrade you electrical your going to have things running a lot cooler and when it comes time to sell it off you'll be sure the coils will still look good. You don't have to redline everything just to say you were getting the most out of it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.