Sounding loud outside of vehicle.

FAM4LIFE
10+ year member

SHILOH BOY
Which will yeld a louder sound outside of a vehicle. Sealed or Ported. I haven't had a sealed box in awhile and I know my ported box is loud inside the car but when the car is all sealed up, you can barely here it outside the car. I'm not trying to become a neighborhood menace, so those who are ready to start with the noise ordinance lecture, please I'm not the one.

This purpose is for the means of competition and those who compete in the same org as I know what particular event this post circles around. So which box has a louder outside response.

Sealed or Ported.

Most have never been metered outside of their vehicle except for us MECA guys, so can anyone shed some light.

Those who have meters at home,*cough*DUSTIN*cough*, can you do some research for me.

This will be a challenge as most of the heavy hitters don't usually compete in Drive-By because their system aren't geared for music. So far 132 is the record. I'm just trying to get in the 120s. That would be great. Trust me its not that easy.

yes, i can imagine it's gonna be tough. THere are some people here trying to hit over 140dB INSIDE the cabin, and outside..sheesh, that's a LOT of dB's.

I can easily pull mid 140s on most mics, and I really don't think it's all that loud yet. I mean, i can respect it, but I always want more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I also really hope there's a MECA comp around here, I really wanna try the drive-by.

I think the question should be what freq to port at????

I winda would like to know this too... Again, not to be a neighborhood menage, my neighbors, don't even know I have system...

I'd like to know for all the Car shows I do all summmer... We hit a show about every weekend and I want people to hear my **** on the other side of the show... But the hard part is, I still want SQ inside the vehicle.... I don't want a one note wonder or a Burp Mobile if that makes sense,,,

Which will yeld a louder sound outside of a vehicle. Sealed or Ported. I haven't had a sealed box in awhile and I know my ported box is loud inside the car but when the car is all sealed up, you can barely here it outside the car. I'm not trying to become a neighborhood menace, so those who are ready to start with the noise ordinance lecture, please I'm not the one.
This purpose is for the means of competition and those who compete in the same org as I know what particular event this post circles around. So which box has a louder outside response.

Sealed or Ported.

Most have never been metered outside of their vehicle except for us MECA guys, so can anyone shed some light.

Those who have meters at home,*cough*DUSTIN*cough*, can you do some research for me.

I think the question should be what freq to port at????
I winda would like to know this too... Again, not to be a neighborhood menage, my neighbors, don't even know I have system...

I'd like to know for all the Car shows I do all summmer... We hit a show about every weekend and I want people to hear my **** on the other side of the show... But the hard part is, I still want SQ inside the vehicle.... I don't want a one note wonder or a Burp Mobile if that makes sense,,,

My reason is not to show off. In MECA there is an event called DBSPLO(Drive by) where the SPL is measured on the outside of the vehicle and you can only play music. No tones, sweeps, etc.... Just pure music. To play your system when not in the lanes at sound comps is a show of disrespect to the sport and to the SQ guys who are having thier cars judged.

I don't do show and shine car shows so I guess its different for show and tell events. I want to achieve on the outside what those try to achieve on the inside,the highest reading possible on the mic.

My reason is not to show off. In MECA there is an event called DBSPLO(Drive by) where the SPL is measured on the outside of the vehicle and you can only play music. No tones, sweeps, etc.... Just pure music. To play your system when not in the lanes at sound comps is a show of disrespect to the sport and to the SQ guys who are having thier cars judged.
I don't do show and shine car shows so I guess its different for show and tell events. I want to achieve on the outside what those try to achieve on the inside,the highest reading possible on the mic.
What ever.....

Its no different....

Just like your presious little comp where you run by a MIC....

Its at a show, for showing off.... Yours is a fricken show for driving by the MIC and seeing how loud you are....

A car show is a show for showing of whatever you have, that you are proud of.... The racecar guys show off their motors and rev their engines and stuff

The Classic car guys show just how clean and stock they can keep theirs..

The mini-truck guys show how they can customize any aspect of the vehicle, be it exterior, Interior, Sound System, Video, Engine, Suspension, etc,, etc,,,

I guess you and the Judge and the happy MIC go Off to a seculeded little Judging Camp for the SQ elite one at a time so no one hears and is offened....

Whatever, I have been to many of the competitions your talking about (great fun too, I'll add. I always have a good time) There are a ton of people watching and cheering and checking out your system,,, Well maybe not yours....

Like I said, its not like I drive around with my **** blasting... Again, my neighbors don't even know I have a system...

Sorry I asked.... Now I see what alot of the Vetreans or this site are talkin about...

Thanks again,,,,

What ever.....
Its no different....

Just like your presious little comp where you run by a MIC....

Its at a show, for showing off.... Yours is a fricken show for driving by the MIC and seeing how loud you are....

A car show is a show for showing of whatever you have, that you are proud of.... The racecar guys show off their motors and rev their engines and stuff

The Classic car guys show just how clean and stock they can keep theirs..

The mini-truck guys show how they can customize any aspect of the vehicle, be it exterior, Interior, Sound System, Video, Engine, Suspension, etc,, etc,,,

I guess you and the Judge and the happy MIC go Off to a seculeded little Judging Camp for the SQ elite one at a time so no one hears and is offened....

Whatever, I have been to many of the competitions your talking about (great fun too, I'll add. I always have a good time) There are a ton of people watching and cheering and checking out your system,,, Well maybe not yours....

Like I said, its not like I drive around with my **** blasting... Again, my neighbors don't even know I have a system...

Sorry I asked.... Now I see what alot of the Vetreans or this site are talkin about...

Thanks again,,,,
First off, I don't do SQ. Second I was not trying to flame on you and I apologize if you felt frowned upon. You do the shows that you do and I'll do mines. No need to be all touchy, I've been to both type shows and at the events I attend, you wait your turn and conserve power.

You see what the Veterans on this site are talking about. When I joined, and until recently people didn't jump off the deep end because their feelings got hurt. Like I said I was not trying to flame on you so no need for you to take it that way. Now I would like for my thread to stay on topic so I will end it here.

Its no big deal, I wasn't trying to flame you either.. I am just really sarcastic... It gets me in trouble alot, mostly with people that don't know me... They don't really know how to take waht I say and many times think its a verbal attack....

My only problem was they way I interpeted your post, you made it sound like what I wanted to do was so different and bad and yours was so Just... When in fact they are really close...

I have no problem with you or any sound comps, I fully support them and any type of customization even if its not my thang... It can still be great fun for all...

I too want this to stay on topic.. That was the reason I posted in here to begen with, not to ***** your thread.....

So with that said... Everyone forget our last to posts.

Does anyone have any input on what we are asking about?

What makes the SPL carry, vs. Stay packed in the car???

I have heard some systems hit really loud on the MIC and not very loud 5 feet away, but then I heard a guy with 3 15" Audiobahns in a civic that you could hear like crazy hundreds of feet away, but when I asked him what he hit it was really supprisingly low..

I can easily pull mid 140s on most mics, and I really don't think it's all that loud yet. I mean, i can respect it, but I always want more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I also really hope there's a MECA comp around here, I really wanna try the drive-by.

Try those subs on the new termpro, or LinX....

I take offense to this statement.
I guess than take it then,
AS I told him ""I have no problem with you or any sound comps, I fully support them and any type of customization even the stuff thats not really my thang... It can still be great fun for all...""

I dig SPL, hence the reason I posted in this thread to begain with and the whole phrase ""Just like your presious little comp where you run by a MIC"" was just a reply to him in sarcasim, not a attack on SPL...

Sometimes its hard to tell if someone is joking or not, if you were then, my bad, diseguard the whole post... if you weren't... The like I said, I have nothing agains SPL comps. I love'em... Why u think I am diein to get my hands on some XXXs and get my ride loud!!!

Either way... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

EDit** **Edit

So is there a certian Freq that if you port at will carry Further than others that would be Ideal for the Drive by Contest?

I guess than take it then,
AS I told him ""I have no problem with you or any sound comps, I fully support them and any type of customization even the stuff thats not really my thang... It can still be great fun for all...""

I dig SPL, hence the reason I posted in this thread to begain with and the whole phrase ""Just like your presious little comp where you run by a MIC"" was just a reply to him in sarcasim, not a attack on SPL...

Sometimes its hard to tell if someone is joking or not, if you were then, my bad, diseguard the whole post... if you weren't... The like I said, I have nothing agains SPL comps. I love'em... Why u think I am diein to get my hands on some XXXs and get my ride loud!!!

Either way... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

EDit** **Edit

So is there a certian Freq that if you port at will carry Further than others that would be Ideal for the Drive by Contest?
I couldn't tell if you were being serious or not...it sounded like you were trying to be an *******, therefore I replied as I did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.