Sounding loud outside of vehicle.

Wouldn't you want subs that have higher excursion, so more air is being pushed?
I'd have to agree...

I'd think you'd want those no matter what if your building a system for any type of SPL at all...

Finding the right song to play also plays a big part. I can't really say that subs that move alot of air will do that much better in this particular event. I saw a few systems that were SQ geared do better than some of the SPL vehicles. The same SPL vehicles that did better on the mic for regular judging.

I may do alittle trial and error this weekend but loud by ear might not be loud by mic. I wish I had a mic. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

From my own personal experience I think sealed boxes get louder outside the vehicle than do ported boxes. Obviously I don't have a mic and this is just based on my hearing, but it also depends on how far away from the vehicle you are talking about. I had the same subs in a ported enclosure and a sealed enclosure, obviously ported was louder inside, but I good hear the vehicle quite a ways off when the subs were in a sealed enclosure compared to ported.

wouldnt sealed box have a more distinctive sound compared to ported which would be more disroted and it wouldnt hit the walls of the car as hard it would just make a lotsa noise inside of the vehichle?

aright im lost

but you know what I'm saying?

got two suggestions...

1., try HLCD's, maye their volume might elp some...

2. Ever thought about using PA, and not car audio subs?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I know a guy that had 4 12" Polks, not sure what type, running off of a soundstream picasso. He had them all in bandpass boxes, and whenever you sat in his car it didnt hit you like the brahma but you could hear him a GOOD whiles away..... I mean a GOOD whiles a way.... You might wanna try that...

How far is a GOOD whiles away??? j/k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I dunno about a bandpass... Who else is with the Bandpass Idea for several 12" XXXs?

I am not sure. Probably for about 1/8th of a mile if not 1/4 of a mile.

I just stated that because you could hear it forever away. I am not sure what you would want for 10 ft. away.

I am not sure. Probably for about 1/8th of a mile if not 1/4 of a mile.
I just stated that because you could hear it forever away. I am not sure what you would want for 10 ft. away.

That's really not that far, on a good day I've heard my system from over a 1/2 mile, but maybe it's because I have good hearing.

That's really not that far, on a good day I've heard my system from over a 1/2 mile, but maybe it's because I have good hearing.

Yeah well this was actually pretty loud when you heard it from that far away. It was also all in a suburban which I guess are harder to get loud. Pretty loud from far away but didn't have the punch of my car....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.