RF 18" 1000W RMS 2 Ohm Sub

nope.

RF's are known to get pretty loud, and I'm sure this one is no exception.

RF's are also known to be horrid in SQ, and this also would be no exception.

Would this hit harder then the JL 13w7? Just talking SPL and not SQ.

I am actually shopping around for subs, and I have narrowed my choices down....

Either (1) JL 13w7, (2) RF HX2 15", or 1 RF 18" RFD3118

I was looking at the Team RF 15" Sub TRF2215, but the prices are astronomical, and there are only a select few for sale on the net. Does anybody know where the Team RF sub can be found for under $1000?

Well I would definately say 2 HX2's will murder either one of the other subs....I would say 1 15XXX or 1 15 HX2 would be louder then 1 13W7 or that RF.....How about a 18XXX or even better an RE MT!!!! Since you are only looking for SPL! I own a 12XXX and LOVE it! It has awesome SQ with awesome SPL and mine is in a SQ biased box! They have potential to be hella loud!!!

Yeah but unless your doin comps whats the point of having loud subs where you cant even make out what note there hitting? Id say get a 15XXX, **** the rockford ****

Alright, thanks for the replies guys.

Now where can I get my hands on one of those bad boy RE MTs or 15 or even 18 XXX? Do I have to email RE for a price quote or are there online stores that have them? I have been looking, but I haven't been able find anywhere that sells them. It looks like you can't buy directly from http://www.reaudio.com

yes order by calling or emailing re.....

also the mt can play actual music....just isn't really recommended...so if you could care less about sq i wouldn't rule it out....

yes order by calling or emailing re.....
also the mt can play actual music....just isn't really recommended...so if you could care less about sq i wouldn't rule it out....
Yes, it CAN play music, would I? No. Should I? No. Will I?No.

It's not a daily driver sub. So rule this out.

Maybe a SSX?

Why does every1 say rockford *****? I know that there lower line moels blow but i have 2 power hx2 15's that sound pretty good, and hit the notes pretty well. My friend has 1 punch 15 in his suv and i would hafta say the powers sound way deeper and cleaner. I dont see what the point is in SQ when your running 2000+ watts in your trunk and your car is rattling to **** anyways? Unless you want to spend over $1000 on dynamat or similar products. (I bought the dynamat extreme bulk pack and it didnt do **** except take 150 bucks outta my pocket.) That is jsut my 2 cents though.

it actually was installed properly and if you didnt know, it takes more then one layer to deaden a trunk that looks like its going to explode everytime the subs hit buddy.

Not that you can compare this to a normal install but the rockford van they are working on now has over 2000 pounds of dynamat going into it.

My point is the whole point of the dynamat is to make the metal and panels in your car have more mass causing a lower resonant freq. And putting 1 layer of dynamat in most cars for that much pressure isnt enough to keep the freq. low.

Why does every1 say rockford *****? I know that there lower line moels blow but i have 2 power hx2 15's that sound pretty good, and hit the notes pretty well. My friend has 1 punch 15 in his suv and i would hafta say the powers sound way deeper and cleaner. I dont see what the point is in SQ when your running 2000+ watts in your trunk and your car is rattling to **** anyways? Unless you want to spend over $1000 on dynamat or similar products. (I bought the dynamat extreme bulk pack and it didnt do **** except take 150 bucks outta my pocket.) That is jsut my 2 cents though.
Yeah well your two cents *****. Ive got two 15's ported with over 1800 watts running to em, and I bought one bulk pack of dynamat, PROPERLY INSTALLED it, and now there little to no rattling and it sounds great, and Ive got an Audi A4 with the 15's pointed directly at the trunk lid. The subs sound clean inside and outside of the car. Oh yeah, and I spent $70 bucks on my deadening, maybe you should try doin your reasearch and learn how to put on deadening

keep talkin your ****. How else do you apply it dumbshit, you ****ing stick it on to the panels. If your ever in arizona you can here my ****, with my "improper install" listen to all the rattles. Then i will rip it off for you an let you "properly install" it. I can bet you any ammount of money that it wont make a difference. The only way it will make a difference is if you put on more then 3-5 layers.

Im finished with this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.