Sound Splinter RL-P vs. Alpine Type R...

Which is the better all around Sub...

• Sound Splinter RL-P

Votes: 82 72.6%
  • Alpine Type-R

Votes: 31 27.4%

• Total voters
well i got my rlp in my ava so im not one of them, i considered getting a type r, til i saw the wer elike 8inches deep and im putting it in a reg cab truck
The RL-P is a great choice. I have a Mag and it barely fits behind my seat.

I am surprised the Type R has 13 votes, must be all from people who actually bought them.
Or it could be because it is a valid comparison, and each sub has its niche. Also, when price is put into the mix, the type R is a logical winner.

I still choose the rl-p, as I love the sound of it, and I'm more of a SQ guy...but that's not putting anything against the type R. I have only dealth with the older model of the R too, so I can't comment too much on the new one, but it's supposedly a great improvement.

straight SQ, RL-P. You sacrifice *alot* of output, but it does sound better when properly utilized.
I wonder how many opinions in this thread were formed without ever touching either woofer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

listen to this guy because he knows everything. he even knows what system will get loud in my car without any experience with my vehicle. if he can't make a sub loud then it just isn't loud.

God forbid that a sub can be louder and cheaper?

i have no comment on the type r because i never used it but what i don't like is when someone tells me that my sub is not loud because god forbid if you and your buddies can't get it loud then it just isn't. i also don't like someone telling me about what will or will not get loud in my car when in fact that person has had no experience with my vehicle. i also don't like it when you make it seem that only you people know how to make good boxes and that no one else can make a good box.

i have no comment on the type r because i never used it but what i don't like is when someone tells me that my sub is not loud because god forbid if you and your buddies can't get it loud then it just isn't. i also don't like someone telling me about what will or will not get loud in my car when in fact that person has had no experience with my vehicle. i also don't like it when you make it seem that only you people know how to make good boxes and that no one else can make a good box.
you are one bitter dude //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

god forbid someone has lots of experience in lots of vehicles with lots of woofers... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

as far as ported goes, i dont know, never heard either ported. but i put my buddies pair of 2005 type r's in my 2.6 ft^3 net sealed box, off my nine.1, and frankly the rl-p's OWNED them as far as sq AND spl went. i mean owned. almost to the point of embarassment. ported, who knows?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...