sound deadener help me out here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoiNt-
10+ year member

Dubstep yo lyfe
Detroit
ok my old stuff started falling off in my trunk lid and such, idk what brand it is was in the car when i bought it but i guess its bonding ability wasnt that great....i need stuff that HOLDS and wud take a blowtorch to get off kno what i mean? im thinkin fatmat cuz its cheap what u guys think n what do u use? i dont wonna pay $100 bucks for like 20 sq feet of stuff like dynamat lol

ok my old stuff started falling off in my trunk lid and such, idk what brand it is was in the car when i bought it but i guess its bonding ability wasnt that great....i need stuff that HOLDS and wud take a blowtorch to get off kno what i mean? im thinkin fatmat cuz its cheap what u guys think n what do u use? i dont wonna pay $100 bucks for like 20 sq feet of stuff like dynamat lol
Yeah, going cheap always solves the "went cheap, and it didn't work" problem

Sounds like you did not PREP the areas properly to adhere the deadner right.You need to clean the surface with either soap and water/degreaser,and or Alcohol before attatching the deadner For Best results,even use a heat gun after applying works best that I have done.I use FATT MATT, and Have 0 Issues,after applying with the preperations.

You don't have to prep anything with the AT, it'll stick to anything.
Da truth. You better make damn sure you're putting it where you want it, cuz there's no going back after its on, lol...

You don't have to prep anything with the AT, it'll stick to anything.
nice..i may have to get a roll and try it out..i just picked up a used crv/honda /work vehicle that needs some road noise issues addressed.nice to know..thanks buck

Deadener isn't meant to brace a panel, it's meant to add mass so just use 1 layer adding more layers isn't really going to do that much. I can't say much though, I have 2 layers on my roof + a good amount of MDF. People try to use deadner to stop flexing but it's not necessarily meant for that.

Da truth. You better make damn sure you're putting it where you want it, cuz there's no going back after its on, lol...
id like to disagree on that. i cleaned the area and like 6 months later got it off........ only took a couple hours lol and alot of cuts i mean alot!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. i didnt bother taking it out this time for my new civic. i did how ever get 100 sq ft of 80 mil and its going to be fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...