Someone Please Help!

Countrygirl

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I'm From Georgia & I sure do hope that there's someone out there who can help me.
I have a 2002 VW Jetta w/ the Premium Monsoon system in it factory. Ok it all started when my battery died, it sat for a few weeks and then when I installed another battery and cranked it-- I had no radio. Everything i've read said that I can input the code to fix it but I can't! The radio wont turn on or off it just says "PHONE' in big letters across my radio screen. It wont go on or off of the Phone. When I put in a CD and crank it up, I barely hear static. To keep the radio from pulling my battery down now I have to remove the fuse from the panel and it turns radio off. Is there a way to reset it or anything? And what does the PHONE mean on the front of my radio screen? Please help!

Here's a link: https://itstillruns.com/reset-vw-radio-code-7303193.html

Don't know how applicable to your situation this is, but figured I'd pass it along in case this works for you. BTW, every time you pull the fuse you're recreating the "dead battery" situation for the radio.

Don't know much about your system, but can you "pair" it with your cell phone? If so, I've read elsewhere that deleting your car from the phone might help correct the issue. It should cause a reset of the link between your car radio and the phone. I'm just shooting in the dark here so this may not even apply to your situation.

Last edited:
Here's a link: https://itstillruns.com/reset-vw-radio-code-7303193.html

Don't know how applicable to your situation this is, but figured I'd pass it along in case this works for you. BTW, every time you pull the fuse you're recreating the "dead battery" situation for the radio.

Don't know much about your system, but can you "pair" it with your cell phone? If so, I've read elsewhere that deleting your car from the phone might help correct the issue. It should cause a reset of the link between your car radio and the phone. I'm just shooting in the dark here so this may not even apply to your situation.

Thank you for helping. I'm gonna go give it a try. Got my fingers crossed!! thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.