Someone help me get a clue

speedyjuarez
Premium Member

Premium Member
Right know I don't know where to start but I'll do my best.

Ok so I just bought two Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 for my company issued work truck. My work truck is a 2012 F350 four door truck. I also need the back seat for my guys to ride in my truck. I bought some cheapo box that problably doesnt work for the subs, so I need advice on what to do. I have a kicker zxs1000.1 that I would like to use for this build. The subs are shallow dual 4 ohm 12 inch subs.

I liestien to alot of electronic music and rap, so I would like a box that would work best for my needs. Ported or sealed would be based on your overall opnions for my goal.

Wants...

-A box that fits behind the rear seat.

-A box that sounds good for rap and electronic music.

-Advice on ported or sealed.

-Advice on sub wiring 4ohm DVC

(2) 4 ohm DVC speaker = 1 ohm load

(2) 4 ohm DVC speaker = 4 ohm load

Thanks guys for any advice to point me in the right direction.

Right know I don't know where to start but I'll do my best.
Ok so I just bought two Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 for my company issued work truck. My work truck is a 2012 F350 four door truck. I also need the back seat for my guys to ride in my truck. I bought some cheapo box that problably doesnt work for the subs, so I need advice on what to do. I have a kicker zxs1000.1 that I would like to use for this build. The subs are shallow dual 4 ohm 12 inch subs.

I liestien to alot of electronic music and rap, so I would like a box that would work best for my needs. Ported or sealed would be based on your overall opnions for my goal.

Wants...

-A box that fits behind the rear seat.

-A box that sounds good for rap and electronic music.

-Advice on ported or sealed.

-Advice on sub wiring 4ohm DVC

(2) 4 ohm DVC speaker = 1 ohm load

(2) 4 ohm DVC speaker = 4 ohm load

Thanks guys for any advice to point me in the right direction.
For that type of music I prefer a ported box tuned to 33hz

So after speaking with someone and Da64u I think my best setup is ported 33hz in series DVC 4 ohm.
Should or could I put both subs in one box that is not devided? or does each sub need to be in a seprate compartment?
Just one big compartment.

you have almost no room behind those seats. My suggestion is just go with a sealed becuase you will not have enough air space to port it.

[quote name='speedyjuarez']What should a box for two 12's cost to have made from any local audio shop? I would like to know before hand so I don't get ripped off or get sticker shock at time of purchase. Thanks[/QUOTE]

A lot. Around where I live, minimum was 400 I think. Talk to @Buck ; or @Boomsday ; . They can build you one.

I know your not gonna get the full power of your amp at 4 ohms and kickers usually dont like 1 ohm. myself, I would either sell the subs and get 2 2 ohm subs or sell the amp and get one that is 1 ohm or 4 ohm compliant. JL audio sells 1 that takes 1.5 to 4 ohm and puts out the same power.

I know your not gonna get the full power of your amp at 4 ohms and kickers usually dont like 1 ohm. myself, I would either sell the subs and get 2 2 ohm subs or sell the amp and get one that is 1 ohm or 4 ohm compliant. JL audio sells 1 that takes 1.5 to 4 ohm and puts out the same power.
From what I understood my kicker could do 500 watts RMS at 4 ohm load and from the RF sub sheet they could both be run at 4 ohm so I would be supplying 250 to each? was I wrong in my thinking?

You are thinking correctly. 500 at 4ohms will do the trick. Don't expect to win any competitions but it will add some bass to your music which will overall make it sound better.

Shallow mounts don't generally get very loud anyhow. I'd probably just do a sealed box if I were in your shoes.

You are thinking correctly. 500 at 4ohms will do the trick. Don't expect to win any competitions but it will add some bass to your music which will overall make it sound better.Shallow mounts don't generally get very loud anyhow. I'd probably just do a sealed box if I were in your shoes.
Okay thanks, as for the shallow subs it doesn't really matter i just wanted to add some bass to my company issued work truck. They usualy replace them every two years, so I'm not trying to spend a fortune.

If you want any kind of low end response at all I would lose one of the subs and use one in a ported enclosure tuned to 32Hz. In reality, you'd be better off with a 10 but since you already have the subs, one of them at 2Ω will sound a lot better than two of them crammed into a tiny amount of air space.

Also, your Kicker amp will be happy at 2Ω, so that's a better match between sub and amp that will allow you to get all you can from the amplifier and woofer.

In the end, cone area is not king... proper enclosure design is. And you can expect to pay $175.00 to $250.00 for a properly designed and built ported wedge box.

You can build an enclosure that has approximately 2.3 cubic feet of air space. I have personally built one and am pushing around the idea of building another. So there is plenty of space to get some decent sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.