Some questions about system design - Focal sub, alpine head unit, etc

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crisp24

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all,
I own a 2008 Subaru impreza RS, and I recently decided to upgrade my system. I've bought myself a Focal SBP30 12 inch sub in box, and an Alpine iLX-F309E Head Unit.
My plan is to leave the stock speakers (4x six inch, I believe) and a pair of little tweeters on the driver's and passenger's side, at about head height), and install the sub in the boot, along with an amp.
What sort of amp would be a good fit for this system? Also, does the amp power the speakers already in the car?

The amp will be the next thing on my shopping list, so any help choosing one would be greatly appreciated. And any advice in general.
I'll get a professional to install the system once I've purchased all the components.

Greets from Sydney.

I would get a 4 channel amp and bridge 2 of them for the sub and use the other 2 channels for front speakers. I think you should still get some low power aftermarket speakers and replace the stock ones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...